+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can we make our own chat channels?

Default Can we make our own chat channels?

For instance, channel 4 is level 1-9 chat, channel 5 is 10-19, etc. But can we make our own channels like we could in WoW by doing something like /join [new channel name]?
    Proud member of Unrepentant: The pants-optional Defiant PvE guild on Gnarlwood

I'm gonna go ahead and answer my own question based on this interview. Yes, you can make your own chat channels.
    Ten Ton Hammer: Can you describe the functionality of the in-game chat channels, how customizable are they and can we chat across realms?

Scott Hartsman: We do have custom chat channels; you can create your own channels and moderate them at will. They are per server right now, and some of that more advanced functionality has been something that we know can be easily upgraded over time as we have been more focused on the features that make Rift unique as opposed to some of the more general utility functions.

Extending them to be cross-server is something we would like to do in the future, but since we only had a certain amount of time before launch we wanted to focus on the things that make Rift Rift.
    Proud member of Unrepentant: The pants-optional Defiant PvE guild on Gnarlwood

Yeah you can, you just need to type "/join [channel]" where [channel] is the name of the channel you want.

People kept whining about all the WoW comparisons in beta, so I made one called "WoW".
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

+ Reply to Thread