+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eurocom Panther a laptop with dual 6970s.....

Default Eurocom Panther a laptop with dual 6970s.....

A very nice and very interesting gaming lap top, Ill wait till it has a bulldozer in it but for someone who needs a gaming lap top now and has cash...this is a sweet rig. The review includes Nvidia mobile Gpus vs the AMDs.

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Mobil...urocom/?page=1

I don't think I'll ever understand spending more than 2k on a laptop. Compared to what that gets you in desktop it boggles the mind. A 1.5k laptop will get you more than enough gaming power and these days the 850 range will even get you a solid mainstream one that does very well at 1366x768.

It does make me curious... why are there no 69xx chipped laptops? Though I just skimmed it they are talking about it like there are lots on the market yet there aren't any high end 6 from what I've seen.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post
    I don't think I'll ever understand spending more than 2k on a laptop. Compared to what that gets you in desktop it boggles the mind. A 1.5k laptop will get you more than enough gaming power and these days the 850 range will even get you a solid mainstream one that does very well at 1366x768.

It does make me curious... why are there no 69xx chipped laptops? Though I just skimmed it they are talking about it like there are lots on the market yet there aren't any high end 6 from what I've seen.
    Well I can only speak for myself here I have great rigs at home, but as a nurse I spend a lot of time not at home. I'm a long time gamer so I need a mobile rig that can handle gaming, not cheap but I cant go without gaming. I suspect people who travel or can only have one rig need something that can fill multiple rolls.

As for 69 series lappys.....mmm really expensive I guess. I cant imagine the market for laps over 1500 is very big I think most are under 1000 (accept Macs whos buyers are cult like). Id say with in a year the 69 series mobile GPUs will be alot more numerous but thats a guestimate based on what my brother has told me (he works in Austin for AMD)
    Last edited by deehoney; 02-08-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by deehoney View Post
    Well I can only speak for myself here I have great rigs at home, but as a nurse I spend a lot of time not at home. I'm a long time gamer so I need a mobile rig that can handle gaming, not cheap but I cant go without gaming. I suspect people who travel or can only have one rig need something that can fill multiple rolls.

As for 69 series lappys.....mmm really expensive I guess. I cant imagine the market for laps over 1500 is very big I think most are under 1000 (accept Macs whos buyers are cult like). Id say with in a year the 69 series mobile GPUs will be alot more numerous but thats a guestimate based on what my brother has told me (he works in Austin for AMD)
    You would be surprised at the number of college gamers that buy 1200-1700 dollar laptops for the dorm room and pair them with netbooks for classes. The 69xx AMD GPU's are supposed to be hitting sagers within the next couple of months, but we'll see if that pans out. I think clevo is still doing their R&D qualifying on the 69xx GPU's.

tell your brother AMD is missing the boat right now in the gaming laptop market since their mobile version of bulldozer isn't out. They could be hitting intel in the nuts right now if they could get a bulldozer based laptop with the 69xx series GPU out to the market by the time March rolls around because of the intel flub with sandy bridge no one has any current gen laptops at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick494 View Post
    You would be surprised at the number of college gamers that buy 1200-1700 dollar laptops for the dorm room and pair them with netbooks for classes. The 69xx AMD GPU's are supposed to be hitting sagers within the next couple of months, but we'll see if that pans out. I think clevo is still doing their R&D qualifying on the 69xx GPU's.

tell your brother AMD is missing the boat right now in the gaming laptop market since their mobile version of bulldozer isn't out. They could be hitting intel in the nuts right now if they could get a bulldozer based laptop with the 69xx series GPU out to the market by the time March rolls around because of the intel flub with sandy bridge no one has any current gen laptops at the moment.
    Oh man have we had that talk already, the mobile Bulldozer could be launching on or near the same time the desk rig and server versions are, combines with a 6900 series mobile gpu that would be a freak of nature type lap top. From what Ive heard AMD is jamming things along as fast as they can but dont want a Sandy Bridge type boo boo so they are vetting all the stuff going in and out as best they can.

Ill send him your regards, the guys in Austin love to hear from gamers since they tend to be the most invested and loyal customers where as the profits on business/server rigs is higher the gamers tend to be so much more passionate.

+ Reply to Thread