+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DVI no display crash, possible cause found

Default DVI no display crash, possible cause found

I know I've seen others run into this problem, mostly ATi/AMD cards. What happens is the video card shuts down, causing the monitor to lose signal and forcing you to hard restart the whole PC. Its like the whole video card driver just implodes and doesn't recover. I couldn't figure out what was causing it since I had no issues in other games. In the recent crashes however, I noticed whenever the crash occured there was a sky blue water texture on the screen. This happened when I fell into a stream, ran near a waterfall in Codex, even when I came across the blue speed buff ball in Codex/Whitefall. Idk what to do at this point, but it's the first thing I noticed my crashes have in common. Some kind of texture or particle effect seems to be related.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr View Post
    I know I've seen others run into this problem, mostly ATi/AMD cards. What happens is the video card shuts down, causing the monitor to lose signal and forcing you to hard restart the whole PC. Its like the whole video card driver just implodes and doesn't recover. I couldn't figure out what was causing it since I had no issues in other games. In the recent crashes however, I noticed whenever the crash occured there was a sky blue water texture on the screen. This happened when I fell into a stream, ran near a waterfall in Codex, even when I came across the blue speed buff ball in Codex/Whitefall. Idk what to do at this point, but it's the first thing I noticed my crashes have in common. Some kind of texture or particle effect seems to be related.
    System specs would be nice as well as driver version.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

i7 930 @ 4ghz
    1gb HD 4890
    6gb DDR3@ 1800
    Windows 7 64 bit
    CCC 11.1

1920x1080, high/custom AA off, shadows off, AFx16

Fps are acceptable, generally 45-60, occasionally spiking up to 90. It's just these crashes are becoming a problem. They happen probably 3-5 times per day.
    Understanding the Sab

Prestige 3

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr View Post
    i7 930 @ 4ghz
    1gb HD 4890
    6gb DDR3@ 1800
    Windows 7 64 bit
    CCC 11.1

1920x1080, high/custom AA off, shadows off, AFx16

Fps are acceptable, generally 45-60, occasionally spiking up to 90. It's just these crashes are becoming a problem. They happen probably 3-5 times per day.
    you could try the Cat 11.a hotfix and make sure to have the latest CAP installed (works for single cards as well as Crossfire)
    CAP (Catalyst Application Profile) AMD, latest available from Rage3D
    CPU: AMD FX 9370@ 5.1Ghz Cooling: Corsair H100
    Mem: 32GB GSkill 1.5V 9-9-9
    HDD: 1 OCZ SSD (boot drive), 2x OCZ SSD in Raid 0 (game drive) 1x 2TB (backup)
    GPU: Sapphire 290
    Asus VH242H (1920x1080p) X3 for 5760 x 1080 Goodness

I'm having a similar issue and I have the updated drivers as far as I remember and the 10.12 Cap2 profiles.

Please please open a customer support ticket, everyone who has this issue!!! I've been working with customer support on this with no luck so far and they said they didn't have anyone else report this. They can't help us if people don't report it to them.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 02-09-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    I'm having a similar issue and I have the updated drivers as far as I remember and the 10.12 Cap2 profiles.

Please please open a customer support ticket, everyone who has this issue!!! I've been working with customer support on this with no luck so far and they said they didn't have anyone else report this. They can't help us if people don't report it to them.
    !0.12 is outdated, as was already stated.

Are you sure your card is not overheating?
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Anakha View Post
    !0.12 is outdated, as was already stated.

Are you sure your card is not overheating?
    Using the 11.1 drivers but the most up to date profiles are the 10.12 CAP2 profiles (http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-32.aspx). My card is not overheating, have already checked that out.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPent View Post
    you could try the Cat 11.a hotfix and make sure to have the latest CAP installed (works for single cards as well as Crossfire)
    CAP (Catalyst Application Profile) AMD, latest available from Rage3D
    Patched those in, will report back if anything changes.
    Understanding the Sab

Prestige 3

+ Reply to Thread