+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting the most bang for My buck

Soulwalker

Default Getting the most bang for My buck

I've got a little bit older system that I'm looking to upgrade a bit. I've got a friend of Mine that's willing to make all the hardware changes but as I'm a bit short on cash ATM and it's not something I NEED right now, I was just looking for some ideas on how you guys would upgrade the system if it were yours (Start with w/e would help the most and still be compatible w/ everything else that's there, etc.)?

Keep in mind, I'm not looking for bleeding edge. Just something where I can spend a few hundred bucks and REALLY see the benefit of it.

Intel Core2 Duo Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
    4GB ram
    GeForce 9300 GE
    Vista 64-bit
    600GB HDD

Anything else you need to know, just ask. I'd appreciate any help you guys could offer. Thanks in advance.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachii View Post
    I've got a little bit older system that I'm looking to upgrade a bit. I've got a friend of Mine that's willing to make all the hardware changes but as I'm a bit short on cash ATM and it's not something I NEED right now, I was just looking for some ideas on how you guys would upgrade the system if it were yours (Start with w/e would help the most and still be compatible w/ everything else that's there, etc.)?

Keep in mind, I'm not looking for bleeding edge. Just something where I can spend a few hundred bucks and REALLY see the benefit of it.

Intel Core2 Duo Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
    4GB ram
    GeForce 9300 GE
    Vista 64-bit
    600GB HDD

Anything else you need to know, just ask. I'd appreciate any help you guys could offer. Thanks in advance.
    budgets help when asking this kind of question. Because a few hundred might be 200 to you, but 500 to me.
    Last edited by Maverick494; 02-08-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Shadowlander

new egg you can get 8 gigs of some brands cheaper then 4 gigs of another FYI
    CPU:AMD Phenom II X6 @ 3.2Ghz MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 RAM: 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Silverline Video: GeForce GTS 450 HD: HITACHI 1TB

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick494 View Post
    budgets help when asking this kind of question. Because a few hundred might be 200 to you, but 500 to me.
    Well, I'd LIKE to keep it @ only $200 - $300 but the reason I left it open is because I don't mind doing it in stages if necessary (replacing the GPU and then a couple weeks later, replacing the processor, that kinda thing). Sort of a step-by-step-this-will-make-your-system-suck-less guide.
    Last edited by Kenpachii; 02-08-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Soulwalker

Default queastion

I have preordered the game today. Can i download it onto my PC prior to the BETA friday or do I have to wait?

Provided you have a PCIe x16 slot, provided your power supply could handle it, provided the case has room, upping to - and this is off the top of my head on price, on my phone so research is a pain - an Nvidia GTX 460 w/ 768 or AMD 5870 would be your best bets. (I'm betting that's a home theater system and you'll need both a PSU and case before you can change.)

That being said, be aware many are reporting CPU based FPS caps with CPUs as old as yours. But with the 9300 being an on-motherboard non-gaming chip the first thing to do is get you an actual GPU.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

+ Reply to Thread