+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Logitech G19, G13, and Razer Naga Epic Performance

Shadowlander

Default Logitech G19, G13, and Razer Naga Epic Performance

I have a Logitech G19 Keyboard, a Logitech G13 Gamepad, and a Razer Naga Epic Mouse on the way for my newest gaming rig. I'm thinking that I should be able to use the joystick on the G13 for the normal character movements, along with the macro buttons for use with skills.

In addition, I should be able to use the Razer Naga to map some skills to the keypad on there. Theoretically, this should be a very comfortable and flexible setup for a game like this. Add in the G19 for the other various junk and some useless macros, communication, etc.

Has anyone attempted a similar setup and if so, how did it work? I'm in a pretty decent situation where it could work like garbage and it would still benefit my game room, so these will be items I'm going to get anyway. Anyway, sounds like a pretty fun setup, if it works well.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Reaktorblue View Post
    I have a Logitech G19 Keyboard, a Logitech G13 Gamepad, and a Razer Naga Epic Mouse on the way for my newest gaming rig. I'm thinking that I should be able to use the joystick on the G13 for the normal character movements, along with the macro buttons for use with skills.

In addition, I should be able to use the Razer Naga to map some skills to the keypad on there. Theoretically, this should be a very comfortable and flexible setup for a game like this. Add in the G19 for the other various junk and some useless macros, communication, etc.

Has anyone attempted a similar setup and if so, how did it work? I'm in a pretty decent situation where it could work like garbage and it would still benefit my game room, so these will be items I'm going to get anyway. Anyway, sounds like a pretty fun setup, if it works well.
    G13 + Razer Naga = Works perfectly well.

I've also used a Nostromo and it's perfectly fine as well.

My only "wish" is that we could manipulate the structure of the hotbars so I could make one 4 rows deep 3 columns down to match my Naga for easier learning. however it's not a huge deal.

Soulwalker

i play G13 + Naga ... all ok (joy - movements)

Soulwalker

Just an FYI. I have a Naga Epic and will be returning it. Although it works fine with Rift, I am having issues with the mouse freezing up while in wireless mode. I am returning it and getting a regular (wired) naga. Wireless mice have always had issues with gaming. I hoped Razer had it conquered but not in my case.

I have the same setup and it works great, best combo there is in my opinion.

Soulwalker

Default razer naga epic

When you're using the razer naga epic with rift can you bind the mouse buttons as individual buttons? In other words, will my naga keypad have to replace either my 1 through = buttons on my keyboard or my numpad buttons?
    Last edited by crume; 02-11-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Telaran

you can spec it to be 1-= or numpad equivalents by pressing numlock, this messes up auto run so i rebound that to the home key.

Shadowlander

Rift works perfectly with my G13.
    CPU: Phenom X6 1090T @ 4.1ghz
    RAM: 8gb DDR3 - 1600mhz 7-7-7-18
    GPU: 2x 6970 in XFire
    Monitor: 3x Dell U3011 in Eyefinity - 7680x1600
    Mobo: Crosshair IV Formula

Soulwalker

Default naga mouse

Curious which finger or thumb you use for the butons that are normally the two side buttons on a 5 button mouse? I cant get it with thumb very well, which is what I did with my steel series 5 button, and its really awkward to get with index finger, if any of that makes sense. I have stupid large hands, that maybe the issue. whether it is more the stupid or the large yet to be determined. I have just played the last beta trying to get use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mons View Post
    Just an FYI. I have a Naga Epic and will be returning it. Although it works fine with Rift, I am having issues with the mouse freezing up while in wireless mode. I am returning it and getting a regular (wired) naga. Wireless mice have always had issues with gaming. I hoped Razer had it conquered but not in my case.
    Doesn't the NAGA Epic have the wired/wireless dual mode? Does it freeze when in wired mode?

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

Don't see why you need a G19 when you got a G13. I never touch my keyboard unless I type now. I'm using a n52te and naga.

Ctrl/Shift/alt+ 1 to = is enough binds for 2 characters. That's 48 binds lol. I use my n52te just for "OH CRAP" buttons, moving, and ctrl/shift/alt.

+ Reply to Thread