+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game only 18 megabytes

Telaran

Default Game only 18 megabytes

I purchased the game from Direct2Drive yesterday (so I wasn't in any of the betas and I have never had the game installed on my computer). The download was only 18mb. Then I downloaded a small patch that took about 20 seconds to download.

I'm guessing the game is MUCH larger than this. Does it download as I play like or something? It just seems like the game should be much larger.

What you downloaded is the "Launcher" program. When you run this program, it will download the rest of the game, which currently runs in at just under 8gb. It will also check for patches each time you open the game.
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

Telaran

When I run the launcher, after the small patch it tells me "You are not authorized to play this game (error#2002).

I don't have to wait until the headstart to download, do I? Cause that would be a pain...

This is also happening for people who purchased the game through Steam. I'm guessing that the real client (not the beta client, they are 2 separate things) will be available for download closer to release.

You have to wait till the open beta starts to download the beta client. The release client should be available a few days before launch.
    Last edited by Swip; 02-08-2011 at 10:14 PM.

The game should be about 7.5 gigs, you probably got the client.

Had same issue for earlier beta...you will have to wait till the servers are excepting log ins before you can download the game,like said in earler post they should be available the day or before beta 7 starts

Also noticed you used D2D...make sure you go to your D2D account on thier web site and retrieve your Beta code its not always sent automaticly....as the next Beta is an open beta you may not need it...but there are a few items you may be able to use in beta depending on wich version of the game you preordered that will only be available if you input the code from your D2d account into your Trion account...

Hope that helps

+ Reply to Thread