+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FPS for higher end vid cards

Soulwalker

Default FPS for higher end vid cards

Hey everybody, let me preface this post by giving insight into what I'm running as my current rig (granted I know we are still in the beta stages):

GIGABYTE GV-N570D5-13I-B GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket
    ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD MOBO
    G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 --> will be changing shortly to 12gb (overkill, I know)
    1 TB 7200 rpm Western Digital.

While running the game on ultra settings (my video card drivers are up to date), I was averaging around 45-50 fps; shadows were off, AA was off, and a few more of the higher end GPU intensive environment effects. I figured with everything I have, I would be easily clearing this. Anyone running a similar set up reaching higher fps? Obviously I know I can turn down such things as object distance and terrain but I figured I would take a shot in the dark and see what other people were reaching as far as FPS is concerned; one quick note: it's purely a preference of mine when it comes to nvidia cards and amd cpus.. not a huge fan of ati cards.

thanks for any insight.

Champion

Just ordered my upgraded parts (1100T, 6950<- prob flash to 6970) and will keep ya all updated as far as performance goes..
    as my current system (2.8 X3@3.4 X4, 5770 crossfire) I get acceptable frame rates during most all play with Ultra settings.. I have to dial back to High and reduce ground clutter for massive rift events. As such settings I get 100+ FPS during quests etc but Rift/Invasions cause the FPS to drop to 20-25.

+ Reply to Thread