+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ATI 5970 performance in rift

Soulwalker

Default ATI 5970 performance in rift

Hi there!

I got problems with my FPS in the game. I'm running the game at High settings. I have even set the object distance setting to the lowest and my game still can't run the game at constant 60fps or higher.. It's usually between 40-50fps and sometimes even lower.
    I have heard that ATI-card users are having some issues in the game but is it a driver question? I mean, I think that my rig should perform better than it does . I'm currently using the 10.5 catalyst driver since it seem to be the only stable one. I have tryed the latest drivers aswell without any positive difference. Instead my Bad Company game messed up so I changed back to 10.5.

Any suggestions that maybe can solve this problem or is this game's graphicengine that bad?

| HAF 922 Mini - E | Intel Core i5 750@2.66GHz | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 | XFX Radeon HD5970 2GB Black Edition | Corsair 4GB 1600MHz XMS3 | Samsung 22X DL SH-S223C | Corsair TX 650W 80+ | Win 7 64 OEM | 1920x1200 |

Thank you.
    Last edited by sebn; 02-08-2011 at 03:36 PM.

if you cant get over 60 fps its most likely v sync enabled on ccc or ingame
    Last edited by Tony`; 02-08-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Also make sure AA is not enabled.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tony` View Post
    if you cant get over 60 fps its most likely v sync enabled on ccc or ingame
    No, you misunderstand me. I don't got it enabled and I know what v-sync is. I just ment that I want atleast 60fps since my screen is at 60hz
    Last edited by sebn; 02-08-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Shadowlander

I would have had to agree with op but for checking in the last hours of beta 6 and noticed my 5970 was running 80fps. In the rift events was at times lower but playable with ease.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Erinshaw View Post
    I would have had to agree with op but for checking in the last hours of beta 6 and noticed my 5970 was running 80fps. In the rift events was at times lower but playable with ease.
    What drivers are you using?

Rift Disciple

Just install the latest 11.1 drivers. You should always have the latest drivers installed. I have 11.1 with my 6850 (good card but nowhere near as powerful as yours) and I got 40-50 fps on ultra (no AA) in Sanctum area and I was getting 70-80 FPS at one point in the Defiant warrior starting zone.
    Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5, AMD Phenom II X4 965, AC Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 (30C idle), 8GB G Skill DDR3, Gigabyte GV-R685OC-1GD, COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M700, 1 TB WD, Thermaltake V9 Black Edition case, 23" Acer H233H @1080p via HDMI

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by jp74 View Post
    Just install the latest 11.1 drivers. You should always have the latest drivers installed. I have 11.1 with my 6850 (good card but nowhere near as powerful as yours) and I got 40-50 fps on ultra (no AA) in Sanctum area and I was getting 70-80 FPS at one point in the Defiant warrior starting zone.

As I mentioned I did try the latest drivers and all I got was problems. My screen ****ed up in bad company aswell as my loading times got longer and stuff. I didn't get any fps-boost in Rift either so I changed back.
    Last edited by sebn; 02-08-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sebn View Post
    As I mentioned I did try the latest drivers and all I got was problems. My screen ****ed up in bad company aswell as my loading times got longer and stuff. I didn't get any fps-boost in Rift either so I changed back.
    make sure you always do a clean install of the new drivers, unisntall in control panel everything ati related, then go to device manager and delete your graphic cards, using the delete archived drivers option, i do it because ATI drivers have the bad habit of ****ing themselves up when overwriting older ones. Gotten a few black screens while installing new drivers over old ones and messed up graphics in other games, those steps fixed all my issues.

+ Reply to Thread