+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recommended graphics card?

Soulwalker

Default Recommended graphics card?

I am not that knowledgeable about computers so I will do my best to provide as much info as possible...
    Asus
    AMD Phenom II X4 2.8GHz
    6GB RAM
    1 TB Hard Drive
    expansion slots: 2 PCI, 1 PCI-express x16
    power supply: not sure (cant seem to figure out where to find it)

If you need more info i can try to find it but what I want to know is...what would be the best
    graphics card for me to get? Im looking to spend about $100 but I am willing to go up to $150 if I absolutely must.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaster55 View Post
    I am not that knowledgeable about computers so I will do my best to provide as much info as possible...
    Asus
    AMD Phenom II X4 2.8GHz
    6GB RAM
    1 TB Hard Drive
    expansion slots: 2 PCI, 1 PCI-express x16
    power supply: not sure (cant seem to figure out where to find it)

If you need more info i can try to find it but what I want to know is...what would be the best
    graphics card for me to get? Im looking to spend about $100 but I am willing to go up to $150 if I absolutely must.
    MSI GeForce GT 440 Twin Frozr 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express will run Rift no probs and for 65

Soulwalker

I cant find that card on newegg...any good alternatives?

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

Soulwalker

thanks for the responses but since I am a computer noob...does the fact that my PC has a PCI-express slot mean that I can use
    cards with any version 1.0, 2.0, etc.?

thanks for the responses but since I am a computer noob...does the fact that my PC has a PCI-express slot mean that I can use
    It will physically fit in the slot yes, however, You want to use PCIe 2.0 with PCIe 2.0 to get the most out of the card/slot.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

You'll want a card that is 2.0 as they are x2 faster BUS speeds. Graphic cards and motherboards designed for v2.0 will be able to work with v1.1 and v1.0, and vice versa. In some rare cases it is possible that a PCI-E 2.0 card will not work correctly on a PCI-E 1.0a slot. But in rare cases it won't work, but it is indeed rare....

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

+ Reply to Thread