I have the following system

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-D35
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz
    RAM: 3GB Generic ram
    GPU: ATI Sapphire HD5770
    PSU: Thermaltake 430W
    HDD1: WD Sata2 1T
    HDD2: Seagate IDE 320GB

Well my issue is that even on the lowest settings my computer is lagging to a point a where I cannot play the game. Any suggestions on what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Draggon View Post
    Hi people,

I have the following system

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-D35
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz
    RAM: 3GB Generic ram
    GPU: ATI Sapphire HD5770
    PSU: Thermaltake 430W
    HDD1: WD Sata2 1T
    HDD2: Seagate IDE 320GB

Well my issue is that even on the lowest settings my computer is lagging to a point a where I cannot play the game. Any suggestions on what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated.
    Your CPU is bottlenecking you.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

The cpu never came into my mind I thought it would have been the PSU, thank you for clarifying it for me, I guess I would have to build a new rig.

Shadowlander

I think the biggest problem is you don't have much ram to begin with. Depending on your operating system, you're not leaving yourself a whole lot to play video games or anything else with, especially with Win Vista or Win 7. A lot of people think they have all this ram free and never consider all the crap going on in backgrounds and the OS itself. They use that ram as well. In addition to that, Rift minimum requirement is 2Gb of ram. That's means that with only 3Gbs of ram, if you get Rift to load, you're lucky.

So if you don't have the cash or don't want to go rebuilding a whole new rig, fill up on ram. DDR2 800 Dual Channel memory is what runs on that board and it's cheap - like 4 GBs for $80. Your board should be able to hold up to 8 Gbs. That would make a huge difference. It doesn't mean that you can play the game at full acceleration and all sliders to the right, but you should be able to play pretty decently at low to mid range settings.

The mobo and cpu are still a little slow for Rift, but should be able to play it at least half decently.

Also, they still optimize the game a little more with every beta, it seems, so give them a little time and maybe that will help too.
    Last edited by Viluzious; 02-08-2011 at 06:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread