Question Will my computer run RIFT?

Will my computer run RIFT?

Nvidia Geforce 315/512MB
    Windows Premium 64-bit
    Intelcore i5 Processor 650
    6GB DDR 3 Memory
    1TB harddrive (800g or more free space)
    6GB Ram

My computer is fairly new but RIFT will be my first "Current Generation" Game I have ever played on it.
    Also, I am behind with all the beta's I never got too play on any of them but how can I best jump into the game upon release?

Thanks,
    -DX

Soulwalker

Yes. Your graphics card will be the choke point. If it doesn't run as smooth as you'd like you could spend a couple hundred bucks and get a midrange card.

Quote Originally Posted by DxMxD View Post
    Will my computer run RIFT?

Nvidia Geforce 315/512MB
    Windows Premium 64-bit
    Intelcore i5 Processor 650
    6GB DDR 3 Memory
    1TB harddrive (800g or more free space)
    6GB Ram
    Thanks,
    -DX

Decent CPU etc. That GPU is absurdly underpowered for a game like Rift, yes.
    Hell you can't even find it on recent performance charts at anandtech. Prob fine for non gamers I'm sure or for running
    very non demanding graphics tasks ...
    I suggest you use this search as a baseline educational tool in your lust for knowledge.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU11/188

If it was me, and I had a budget limit of 250 bucks or so I'd consider the new Nvidia 560Ti but look around and beware
    your power supply capacity. Research it as you may well hae to upgrade that power supply to handle any recent GPU. I suspect you box probably has a minimal supply. Just dont' go by total watts rating on the sticker. Your power supply has to have the proper amp rating on the 12v rail any decent performing gaming GPU will require whether it is AMD/ATI based or Nvidia.
    Windows 7 64bit, Mobo: Abit IP-35 Pro, CPU: Intel Core 2 E8500 OC@3.60hz, RAM 4GB, GPU: Nvidia GTX 580: (Pre 03/2011 was GTX 285, Driver 197.45)
    Sound: Realtek, Monitor LG 24 inch Dell U2410 at 1920x1280, Mouse: Logitech G5 with v4.80 64 bit Setpoint drivers.
    Keyboard: Logitech G15

Thanks for the insight!

I am fine with a bit of lag, but it wont be like when I tried downloading wow on my old computer that had 14g Hard Drive space.
    ..A total failure? Right?

+ Reply to Thread