+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick help please

Telaran

Default Quick help please

I'm just trying to bind stealth. What I've done so far is opening action bar page 4(shift+4) and moved the Stealth ability to number 1. Then going through key bindings I set action bar 4 button 1 to Q. So at this point I expect pressing Q is going to stealth me...no go.

If I switch to page 4(shift+4) and hit Q it works, but obviously my goal is to use abilities on different pages without having to actually switch to those pages. What am I doing wrong?

Telaran

Nobody?

/10

What about stacking the bars on top or making use of your widescreen horizontal blessing and making an action bar or two on the side. UI settings.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by chompy View Post
    What about stacking the bars on top or making use of your widescreen horizontal blessing and making an action bar or two on the side. UI settings.
    How is showing more action bars going to help me? Obviously I don't click on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by smakfactor View Post
    How is showing more action bars going to help me? Obviously I don't click on anything.
    Because you bind action bar slots and place the skill or ability on that slot.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kuldebar View Post
    Because you bind action bar slots and place the skill or ability on that slot.

I've already bound the action bar slot to bar 4 button 1. Am I spoiled by other games as doing such does not require me to SEE the bar/ ability on different pages? I thought I explained well in my first post.

I use 1 bar.
    I don't want 20 bars on my screen.
    Why does putting an ability on Page 4 Button 1 not work when I go to key bindings and Set Page 4 button 1 to Q?

Telaran

Alrighty....

I'm just trying to bind stealth. What I've done so far is opening action bar page 4(shift+4) and moved the Stealth ability to number 1. Then going through key bindings I set action bar 4 button 1 to Q. So at this point I expect pressing Q is going to stealth me...no go.

If I switch to page 4(shift+4) and hit Q it works, but obviously my goal is to use abilities on different pages without having to actually switch to those pages. What am I doing wrong?
    You can't do that. You can only use spells and abilities on your active action bar at the moment. The only way you can circumvent this is to add extra action bars above your main action bar and on the side then bind keys to those bars.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tyestor View Post
    You can't do that. You can only use spells and abilities on your active action bar at the moment. The only way you can circumvent this is to add extra action bars above your main action bar and on the side then bind keys to those bars.
    Well that's pretty weak.

Does nobody else have a problem with this?

Edit: Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by smakfactor; 02-06-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Well that's pretty weak.
    Deal with it.

Shield of Telara

I wonder if you can macro the skills you want to like a mouse button.

like assigning a heal to left or right click.
    Last edited by Maverick494; 02-06-2011 at 06:34 PM.

I'm not entirely sure what the OP's issue/problem with the way Rift handles key binding. It works as well or even better than in all the other MMO's I've played and that's a fairly long list.

My point is...if you bind the action bar slot, place the skill in that slot, that's all you need to do. You don't have to have all the bars visible on the screen, although people usually do so in order to keep things straight forward when it comes to making changes to the setup, etc.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...r/keybinds.png

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kuldebar View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what the OP's issue/problem with the way Rift handles key binding. It works as well or even better than in all the other MMO's I've played and that's a fairly long list.

My point is...if you bind the action bar slot, place the skill in that slot, that's all you need to do. You don't have to have all the bars visible on the screen, although people usually do so in order to keep things straight forward when it comes to making changes to the setup, etc.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...r/keybinds.png
    Your point is wrong. Maybe you didn't read my post entirly. If you don't have the specific bar and ability VISIBLE on your screen the bind won't work.

The work around is to show more bars and bind to those, I'm just saying that's pretty weak.

Your point is wrong. Maybe you didn't read my post entirly. If you don't have the specific bar and ability VISIBLE on your screen the bind won't work.

The work around is to show more bars and bind to those, I'm just saying that's pretty weak.
    Then shrink it down so you can't see it, problem solved, there's a scalability setting in the UI layout window.

+ Reply to Thread