+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Red character faces/4 FPS?

Default Red character faces/4 FPS?

Im wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue: I am using a Nvidea GeForce 7950 GX2 (x2) and my driver date is January 11, 2011. Three major issues I am seeing and CS is not responding.

#1 Alot of player faces are bright red. As in Fire Engine red.

#2 I'm pulling about 4-8 fps Min Video quality preset.

#3 My area map (M) is not displaying any textured detail. It stays grayed out as if I have not visited any locations.

I run 4 gigs of ram, 800 watt power supply.

My rig allows me to play other MMO's on the highest graphical setting, PvP rendering 75-100 players with barely any lag. But yet I can not even load the smallest level zones without doing the robot in RIFT.

Please, all ideas are welcomed.

Soulwalker

Default Red face

I'm having the same red face issue though only when I click on the male face on the guardian side is there a way to fix this I'm using a nvida 7800 with u[pdate to drivers.

Soulwalker

I too am experiencing the red faces, for me it is specifically, male player made Mathosian and High Elf. I am also experiencing blue faces on the male player made Eth and Kelari.

I too use an Nvidia 7950gt with the most current drivers.

I have reported this as a bug.

Era
    Champion of Telara

A 7950 GT? That's like...old. Even my 8500 GT can't run the game without it using the low-quality renderer. Try it and see what happens.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    A 7950 GT? That's like...old. Even my 8500 GT can't run the game without it using the low-quality renderer. Try it and see what happens.
    Yep have had it for awhile now its time for an upgrade. I run the game on the lowest settings possible, ignore the red and blue faces and have a great time. I get minimal lag during rifs so its still playable.

I have THE SAME PROBLEM. I thought my GPU was gonna burn out, but its perfectly fine. I used it in one computer and it worked perfectly fine then popped it into my girlfriends computer and it gives me this low FPS / Red face problem LOL.

Any update on this would be awesome. I will rollback drivers if its that kind of a problem.

Soulwalker

Sorry to hear about your graphics problems, but I think the problem stems from older hardware.

Good news is that you can pick up a graphics card for 150-200 that will run rift just fine.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161348
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130566

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

+ Reply to Thread