+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Spell Animations disappear

Soulwalker

Default Spell Effects Disappear

Just wondering what's going on and if there's a fix. I'm running a Nvidia GTS 250 card and the game runs fine at all settings maxed. The only problem I'm having is that the spell animations disappear. The spell casts, but the spells are missing their mojo.. the target I'm casting them on gets hit, but I see no spell animation. If I log out/in it corrects, but seems to disappear again for no apparent reason. One time it came back on it's own, but I don't understand why it would just disappear..

Any help would be appreciated.

*Edit* I changed the title from Spell Animations Disappear -to- Spell Effects Disappear since it's more appropriate. The characters are going through their animations, but the effects are gone. My toon just looked like he was practicing Tai Chi or some other generic Kung-Fu. lol
    Last edited by Reclusa; 02-15-2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Changed title to more appropriate description

Soulwalker

same exact issue. anytime i mess with any video settings it requires a full restart for me otherwise i suffer the same issues you have. If you aren't changing settings at all, no clue and maybe it a current driver bug for our video cards. And we have the same cards you and I annoying bug though i know

Plane Touched

Got the same problem with both a 9800GTX and a 4870GX2, thats a Nvidia and an ATI card. Go figure.

Soulwalker

Default Same

Same issue with Navida 465. its really bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by HealerX View Post
    Same issue with Navida 465. its really bugging me.
    I, too, have the same problem and I'm on a GTX 460. A reboot resolves the issue, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Wish List: "Barber Shop", unlockable appearance options, unlockable alternate lesser/greater pet "skins", unlockable emotes, and, while I'm dreaming, player housing.

I am having the same problem with spell animations disappearing.

edit: My tool tips have also been disappearing and reappearing the same way for npcs, players, and collectable nodes. However, the tool tips for my inventory items and spells continue to work fine. The only thing that has solved the issue is restarting the game, but its only a temporary fix untill they disappear again at random... Is anyone else having this issue as well?
    Last edited by Bodya; 02-07-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Soulwalker

This happens to me if I alt tab

gtx 570

Same problem With my 5870HD in fullscreen windowed, if I click off the main window and back to it I get no spell effects and also some strange artifacts.

Don't know if it causes the floating spell effects though.

Soulwalker

Also seeing this on a Nvidia GeForce GTX 460.

DirectX 11

Soulwalker

Also seeing this on my ATi Radeon 5450 intermittently. It comes back after about 10 min of gameplay, then randomly disappears again.

The first time it happened was in the middle of a Rift; there were no ability visual effects by any player. The functionality wasn't hampered, but I loves me some pretty sparkles in my game.
    Last edited by Sh4dowNinja; 02-05-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Does anyone have a fix for this? It only started happening this Beta .. last few betas I never had this problem.

For me the spell effects will fade out, then come back for a minute at random intervals, then fade out again. It's very annoying. I've uninstalled video card drivers and reinstalled. I've tried different visual settings etc.

My card is Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT

Windows 7
    Last edited by Deadboy; 02-06-2011 at 02:27 AM.

same problem

GTX 460

Across all classes spells will randomly stop showing the spell animation, every once in a while I'll see a single animation and go "OOH it's back!" and then the next spell will be gone along with all that follow. It's VERY VERY annoying and makes playing a caster unbearable.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tent View Post
    same problem

GTX 460

Across all classes spells will randomly stop showing the spell animation, every once in a while I'll see a single animation and go "OOH it's back!" and then the next spell will be gone along with all that follow. It's VERY VERY annoying and makes playing a caster unbearable.
    From what I can tell it seems to be related to being near a rift or invasion. When I get grouped for a rift I kept having my spell animations and graphics stop displaying. Soloing in an area wihtout many people it seemed fine. I think it may be some kind of FPS boosting thing where if there are a lot of spell effects it starts shutting them off to keep FPS above some threshhold but you should ALWAYS be able to see your own spell effects. As a melee its not to bad but as a caster its very annoying.

Yeap, I have this happen to me with about... 75% of all spells I cast. It also bugs on spells cast by other people around me. The higher the number of people the more spells I don't see, up to the point where it's like I have my spell graphics turned off, i see nothing.

Soulwalker

Same problem here. Radeon 5850. Welcome to the world of beta testing. Heh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast