+ Reply to Thread

Thread: riftgame.com pages won't load, only the forums

Soulwalker

Default riftgame.com pages won't load, only the forums

So this is bizarre. I live in Japan, but I was told there are plenty of people from Japan playing so I thought there would be no problem.

What's happening is that EVERY page in the riftgame.com domain with the bizarre exception of forums.riftgame.com is coming up as "Page not found" in every browser I have tried to open it in. Actually, the same thing was happening on my iPhone until I disconnected the wifi.

So it seems that the problem is my isp or my router, but I don't know how much I want to mess with it because this is the only site I'm having trouble with. Calling my isp is not an option. However, since the websites for every other MMO in the world works just fine, I somehow doubt they are responsible.

So it must be my router, right? What's special about the Rift website that would cause my router to ***** out here but nowhere else?

I don't want to preorder the game if I can't load the webpage. Any help would be awesome.

Router is an io-data Airport WN-G150R (Japanese)
    ISP is NTT's OCN Network.
    Last edited by arcthemonkey; 02-04-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Same across the pond

I live in Canada and ive got the same problem.I cant even download the beta.Ironically my neighbour got it and is on the same router as i am ..LOL!

Soulwalker

Getting the same issue, ISP iinet in Brisbane Australia..

Soulwalker

In an interesting development, registering for a Trion account so I could post here got me a beta invite, and so far it looks like I'll be able to play. This only makes this situation even more bizarre!

+ Reply to Thread