+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steelseries mouse not working in Rift

Soulwalker

Default Steelseries mouse not working in Rift

I have the new cataclysm mouse for wow from steel series, the main mouse functions work (left/right/mid click, movement, and scroll wheel), but none of the other buttons work. I have all the auxiliary buttons mapped to keyboard keys, but Rift doesn't recognize any of them. Works fine in wow of course, and if i open a text file, all the keystrokes are recognized, just not in rift. I even closed the config app and ran it as an administrator (win7), but still nothing. Trion please fix this, gaming is much more fun for me with a multi button mouse.

Soulwalker

Default fixed

well as soon as i start whining i found a fix, this worked for me at least maybe it will work for others. What ive done is:

1- create a new profile, and be sure to assign the rift.exe to this profile (from the menu bar choose Profile --> Edit game/app)
    2- assign a "no delay" macro to all auxiliary buttons, using plain keyboard keys like 1234 etc. this causes the hotkeys on the mouse to basically be keyboard strokes, test it in notepad if you arent sure
    3- save profile to onboard mouse memory, dunno if this matters but i did it anyway =P
    3- restart rift if it is already running, i think the mouse needs to detect the launc of the exe

thats all i did and rift now recognizes the bindings. hope this helps.

Telaran

I use the Wow mouse as well. I had no problems. I just had my second profile for Rift and made sure that the box "Enable In Game Mode" was NOT checked. If it is checked only the main mouse buttons and the thumb button work.

Of course doing this, you need to make macros like you suggested. Which is what the manual says to do.
    I used text-Auto Delay on my macros.

The only issue I did have was I would set the macros to like CTRL-R. Well when I did this I could not see the button flash on the hotbar. I had to use single commands like 1,2,3,H,J,K Etc.

Be nice if they made a program addon so you could use the in game mode instead of Macros.

Owt
    Shadowlander

How do I do those macro on the mouse?

Owt
    Shadowlander

Hey predatory,

could u explain how do u make those macros?

I didnīt understand how u did that...

thanks

Owt
    Shadowlander

Can anyone help me bind those extra buttons?

Owt
    Shadowlander

Allright =)

Thanks to this post iīve managed to config the buttons

+ Reply to Thread