+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Very low FPS and I need some advice..

Rift Disciple

Default Very low FPS and I need some advice..

Hello,
    I actually didn't know where to post this, so I'm taking a stab at putting it in here in hopes someone can assist me. I have poor frame rates in this game and I can't understand why. I play other games (namely World of Warcraft) and my framerates never dip below 60 so I am wondering if there is something I can do to improve my gameplay. I'm not computer savvy so I am unsure where to tweak things.
    Thank you in advance for any advice you can give. I'll check this topic tomorrow and hopefully there will be some good news for me.
    (I have just started playing Rift again after a long break and am looking forward to adventuring in the world once again!)
    You can't have everything..Where would you put it?

Rift Disciple

Also, I live in Ontario, Canada and currently play on the Hailol shard, so I ask, does location make a difference in framerates? Would playing on a different shard help?

Soulwalker

Can you attach your current settings?

Rift Disciple

I will take a screenshot and upload.

Rift Disciple

I figured it out! there is a slider at the top of the video settings page. ( I never noticed it before)
    I have turned the settings to medium. that has helped quite a bit. The game settings in Rift are very different from Wow!

+ Reply to Thread