+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Addons issues

Soulwalker

Default Addons issues

I am currently having issues with some addons :

KBM - all texts are replaced by little squares - account wide
    Tinker Tools - every single set I have saved have disappeared - account wide
    Kalerts - every single kalert set (about 10 sets) have been wiped - only on 1 character

I did a repair, it didn't change a single thing.

I did not uninstall/reinstall in case my saved elements can be recovered. This will be my last resort.

Please help!

p.s. having issues including a png image at the moment, I will retry tomorrow.

seems like you may have deleted some of your saved variables folders?
    these are saved in your documents folder on your hard drive.
    this is where all your add on settings are saved
    if you are able to recover the files and put them back in the right place then you can get all your settings/saves back.

be aware that each saved variable file is linked to a specific character for a specific add on.
    have a look at your files and back up what you have before you make any changes that could make it worse instead of better!

Soulwalker

Default Saved Variables

Thanks so much.

Not sure what I'm looking for but :

Inside my Interface/saved/savedvariables : Only 2 .lua's = Dimtools_Export and kAlert

Inside my Interface/saved/''myemail@gmail.com'' :
    - All the servers I have a character
    - Inside Deepwood, all my characters are there
    - Inside Dhavinah, my missing kAlert toon: savedvariables = all my addons.lua (6)
    - Inside the rest of my toons, same saved variables

Am I looking for something else than .lua?

Still holding off on uninstalling/reinstalling. Still can't upload picture but I think you understand part of this issue.

Thanks for helping!
    Last edited by LadyNyx; 03-24-2021 at 05:26 AM.

an uninstall/reinstall of the game is pointless.. your issue is with add ons not the game, these are completely separate entities

an uninstall/reinstall of the add ons also will not bring back your old settings

it is indeed the lua files that hold the information about your add on settings and the saved kalerts, tinker sets etc

if you are able to restore a previous version of those files then do so and hope they are the right ones?
    otherwise you will just need to create all the settings again, its not saved anywhere else unless you manually back them up.

these files don't just disappear one day though.. did you switch shard with your character? or do a name change? both these things may end up with the settings in the wrong/old folder, in which case you can just copy/paste them into the right folder for your new shard/name.

Soulwalker

Yeah, I didn't mean a game uninstall/reinstall, I meant each addon.

I am holding uninstall/reinstall because I know I will lose everything.

I did not change shard, name, computer, nothing. One day I log off, the next day I log back on and this crap happens.

So, how can I see the .lua content? My .lua files seem to have content unless 1kb means it's empty. The biggest one is 788kb (KBM).

The reason I'm reluctant to wipe and start over the addons is to re-do everything which is a pain.

It's still a weird thing.

Rift Disciple

Suggest you ask rift to open your addon directory and ensure that the directory it opens matches what you'd expect, possibly something regarding a windows update or antivirus update caused you to lose access to the addons, or a game crash caused corruption of your addon gamefiles. Of course like any good computer owner you have a backup of your documents folder and can restore any corrupted files.

Reinstalling rift will not resolve this issue, so don't waste your time. This is your addon files, which maybe lost, or maybe just in a different location to the one rift is expecting, or finally rift may be unable to access. Cadrift has a good guide on a couple of these things at https://www.cadrift.net/resources/tech-help/

+ Reply to Thread