+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I would love to see a MAC version of Rift!

Soulwalker

Smile I would love to see a MAC version of Rift!

I know the audience here is mainly PC users...

I don't really want this thread to be a who is better PC vs. Mac argument....

I would just love to see RIFT come out in the APP store on MAC. I am sure it would be a runaway hit on the platform. I get for financial reasons not many games are equally developed for both OSes but other companies have consistently released some really nice games simultaneously on MAC and PC since the beginning. I would just love RIFT to come to the MAC... Am I all alone in this thought?

-T

I would gladly help develop it for MAC.
    Acceptable, alkali, altercation, amble, angrily, annex, annoyance, approaching, arbitration, armless, army, arrogant, arsenic, arc, artillery and aspect ....

Please god's of Trion.. NO MAC! If mac users want to play games make them buy a PC... Macs suck any way. The only good thing Apple makes is the Iphone.

bootcamp runs it well ....or so i've been told

I see this has gotten off to a wonderfully predictable start.

I laugh at people who spend money on Macs.

Soulwalker

I actually play Rift now on my Mac using Bootcamp. I would actually LOVE to see a Mac version of Rift to avoid having to use Bootcamp. The stability issues related to using a PC altogether is frustrating for a Mac user. I understand there will be haters against Mac and that is their choice. But considering the newer Macs are actually built (basically) on a Linux infrastructure, they are not that different from PCs (except of course the price and you get what you pay for). Please please please consider making a Mac version of Rift. Even my husband, who was a solely PC user when I first met him, runs a version of Mac on his PC simply to utilize the graphics capabilities that PCs should be able to handle but don't.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kelledon View Post
    Please god's of Trion.. NO MAC! If mac users want to play games make them buy a PC... Macs suck any way. The only good thing Apple makes is the Iphone.
    Why can't there be both mac and pc versions? Does it really affect you?

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I actually play Rift now on my Mac using Bootcamp. I would actually LOVE to see a Mac version of Rift to avoid having to use Bootcamp. The stability issues related to using a PC altogether is frustrating for a Mac user. I understand there will be haters against Mac and that is their choice. But considering the newer Macs are actually built (basically) on a Linux infrastructure, they are not that different from PCs (except of course the price and you get what you pay for). Please please please consider making a Mac version of Rift. Even my husband, who was a solely PC user when I first met him, runs a version of Mac on his PC simply to utilize the graphics capabilities that PCs should be able to handle but don't.
    stability and performance issues with gaming is even worse under OSX. just ask wow players who run bootcamp to play wow because OSX has bad performance in the game.

performance under OSX is generally gimp in any app compared to windows. OSX does not full utilize the hardware it supports, and it does not get the same level of support ms gives 3rd parties for windows APIs and performance.

any stability or performance gains under OSX is a fignment of your imagination, likely because your windows pc is a $200 emachines off the shelf from wlamart and you threw down $2k on your mac and have therefore come to the inextricable conclusion that there fore macs are faster and more stable.

further more the apple ecosphere locks you down into that platform for life, even more with the new app store. you cannot transfer licenses out side of the platform once bought int eh apple app store. your data is locked down to the apple ecosphere. choosing something different in teh future, anything different, becomes less appealing because of hte cost and time invloved with migrating platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by wilt.2010 View Post
    Why can't there be both mac and pc versions? Does it really affect you?
    it takes money away from thing slike content development and bug fixes under windows.

using mac suddenly you are supporting openGL as well as DX. suddenly you need to follow apple's rules and adhere to 4 codebases in every install package for OSX.

so yes it does affect us.

I run RIFT on bootcamp.

The problem with a port to Mac is the OSX runs a very old version of OpenGL, it doesnt support DX. If your engine specifically supports graphics options the OS you are trying to port to doesnt, it makes porting very difficult.

Hopefully when Lion comes out Apple put some effort into supporting a greater range of graphics options.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I actually play Rift now on my Mac using Bootcamp. I would actually LOVE to see a Mac version of Rift to avoid having to use Bootcamp.
    Yep. Please make one... You probably have like a billion dollars profit already from this nice game and more on the way....So why not spend a half-million to port it to OSX sell it on the APP store and be done with it.....

-T
    Acceptable, alkali, altercation, amble, angrily, annex, annoyance, approaching, arbitration, armless, army, arrogant, arsenic, arc, artillery and aspect ....

Shadowlander

I support porting all good games to OSX. ReBootCamping each time I want to change what I'm doing can be a hassle.

Also, if you put more racial slurs and profanities in your posts against macs, they'll help us better understand how important your posts are.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyklingon View Post
    stability and performance issues with gaming is even worse under OSX. just ask wow players who run bootcamp to play wow because OSX has bad performance in the game.

performance under OSX is generally gimp in any app compared to windows. OSX does not full utilize the hardware it supports, and it does not get the same level of support ms gives 3rd parties for windows APIs and performance.

any stability or performance gains under OSX is a fignment of your imagination, likely because your windows pc is a $200 emachines off the shelf from wlamart and you threw down $2k on your mac and have therefore come to the inextricable conclusion that there fore macs are faster and more stable.

further more the apple ecosphere locks you down into that platform for life, even more with the new app store. you cannot transfer licenses out side of the platform once bought int eh apple app store. your data is locked down to the apple ecosphere. choosing something different in teh future, anything different, becomes less appealing because of hte cost and time invloved with migrating platforms.
    This sums it all up! Well done

Rift Disciple

Love the Hate Mac response lol Why would anyone who doesn't use a mac care if they made a mac client???????????
    I played WAR on my macbook pro And on my custom gaming PC at home. Ill probably just go Bootcamp for those mobile days but I agree the ease of using a Mac client is ideal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast