+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MarginalSteve

Thread: bug causing carachter to spin in rift

Soulwalker

Angry bug causing carachter to spin in rift

Hopefully this issue gets fixed as now it is really annoying,it will probably be a miracle if the devs do anything about this but the issue is as follows:-

After opening any of the internet browsers,(chrome,firefox etc) in fact any browser for that when you log into rift your carachter starts randomly spinning,the onlyy cure which i havee found for this is to completeely shut down your pc and reboot it,as long as you dont open any browsers the issue gores away,as you can understand this is completeely useless and annoying and i dont seee why we should have to do this to get the game running.

Hopefully one of the devs pick up on this and do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by doghunter666 View Post
    Hopefully this issue gets fixed as now it is really annoying
    You need to be a lot more detailed about what happens when, because the problem you describe is not happening to everyone which indicates that this might be a local issue. Local as in, only on your computer. I have browsers open 99% of the time I play Rift and most other games, I have never experienced this and the vast majority of players I know has browsers open too, doesn't experience it either. So just saying that it happens because you open a browser, is not enough of an explanation. And shutting down the computer seems to be the wrong solution when shutting down the game should be sufficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    You need to be a lot more detailed about what happens when, because the problem you describe is not happening to everyone which indicates that this might be a local issue. Local as in, only on your computer. I have browsers open 99% of the time I play Rift and most other games, I have never experienced this and the vast majority of players I know has browsers open too, doesn't experience it either. So just saying that it happens because you open a browser, is not enough of an explanation. And shutting down the computer seems to be the wrong solution when shutting down the game should be sufficient.
    Shutting down the computer is THE ONLY WAY TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE ,
    How much more detailed do you have to be i have explained clearly what is happening when it is happening,how it is happening,what makes it happen,Im also not the only one with this issue happening have a read at the ingmae chat,many users that still actually play the game complain about the same issue.

SIMPLE FIX THE ISSUE.
    Enough said im done.
    No more money will be spent on this game.

Rift Disciple

Try disabling Sticky Keys through Windows Ease of Access controls.

Search for Ease of Access in the Windows search bar and disable it in the Ease of Access keyboard settings that come up unless you're reliant on it for other functions.

edit: Replied to both this and the existing thread since this is usually the cause of inputs being locked and Rift going all spinny. It has nothing to do with your browser. It's the action of holding ALT prior to pressing and releasing TAB that confuses Rift. You can mostly avoid this by running Rift in Fullscreen Windowed mode, and if it still gets stuck just hold both mouse buttons and wiggle your mouse for a second (or left/right character facing inputs if your character spins along with the camera).
    Last edited by MarginalSteve; 09-25-2020 at 02:24 AM.

Soulwalker

Exclamation issue seems resolved

Thank you for your reply,i now run the game in fullscreen windowed mode and that seems to fix the spinning carachter issue,hopefully anyone reading this finds that it fixes the issue for them as well.

I really do like rift and it would be a shame to abandon it now,for now the issue seems fixed.

Thank you once again.
    Safe travels

+ Reply to Thread