+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Version doesn't Match Expected Result. (Error #1007)

Shadowlander

Default New Version doesn't Match Expected Result. (Error #1007)

My friend is having this issue, anyone know how to fix it? Tried re-installing 4 times now, making sure to delete the folder after uninstalling and it's still not working. Recover files doesnt' fix it either.

Here is what the log says:
    [fr 4. feb 19:05:37 2011] Local version does not match local manifest.
    [fr 4. feb 19:05:37 2011] New version doesn't match expected result. (Error #1007) (#1007, last message: Bad Data in file 'assets\geometry\geometry_2.pak')

Shadowlander

After reviewing the logs I found an issue with the geometry2 asset and just sent mine to him, seems to work now.

Soulwalker

Could you do the same for me? I had the same log error and I'm getting the same error message.

Soulwalker

actually

[Sat Feb 5 14:25:20 2011] New version doesn't match expected result. (Error #1007) (#1007, last message: Bad Data in file 'rift.cfg.lnk')

is what I get

Soulwalker

got a friend to send me the .lnk file and it works now... sheesh

Default gosh

an amazing tale.

I found this thread while trying to find help for another.

odd thing is others reported trying the same and it didnt' work.

bump
    Windows 7 64bit, Mobo: Abit IP-35 Pro, CPU: Intel Core 2 E8500 OC@3.60hz, RAM 4GB, GPU: Nvidia GTX 580: (Pre 03/2011 was GTX 285, Driver 197.45)
    Sound: Realtek, Monitor LG 24 inch Dell U2410 at 1920x1280, Mouse: Logitech G5 with v4.80 64 bit Setpoint drivers.
    Keyboard: Logitech G15

Soulwalker

Default Still no fix?

Besides sending the missing/corrupted files, is there no other fix for this?

Soulwalker

Default bump

any help please?

Soulwalker

Found a fix that worked for me after talking to technical support. I was getting the same 1007 error.

1. Find your Rift game directory on your hard drive.
    2. Open the latest riftpatch.0 - 10 text file. Open each one until you find one that verifies existing local files. Here you will find files that have been "verified" etc. Find the ones that say "bad data in file" or "missing file". Take note of the name of the bad file and location.
    3. When the patcher tries to fix the problem by redownloading the bad data file, it downloads the files via a http link. In the same riftpatch text file, you may notice this link such as:

http://update2.triongames.com/ch1-li...geometry_4.pak

Change the 2 in update2 to update3 etc. Example:

http://update3.triongames.com/ch1-li...geometry_4.pak

4. Download all the bad data files and replace the old ones with the new ones you downloaded in their correct folders.

This fixed the errors I was getting, I was able to click play with no more issues. So the fix is to basically use the update3 server instead of update2 for now.

Hope this helps.

Shadowlander

What if the directory for my audio files is trying to download from restricted?

General of Telara

Click the 'Recover' button in the patcher instead of 'Update'. It will validate every file.
    Shard population charts and monitoring: http://riftideas.com/shardwatch/

Shadowlander

ugh been doing this for the last 20 hours and have downloaded over 30 gigs worth of the same 4 files from what I can tell. This is nuts. I really hope tech support gets back to me soon.

Soulwalker

I just got the same error message, however, after clicking "Okay" when the error message popped up, it started a new download of 2.59GB.

Do I simply finish the download? or do I have someone send me the required file/other solutions?

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by CodyThatGhost View Post
    I just got the same error message, however, after clicking "Okay" when the error message popped up, it started a new download of 2.59GB.

Do I simply finish the download? or do I have someone send me the required file/other solutions?
    Don't click OK. Close the patcher.

You probably have a bunch of directories like:

Download\STABLE-27-13-B-378160

And so forth, right?

Go into the directory with the most updated version number (27-13-B above). Grab the assets directory from that and move it into your main Rift folder. Now run the patcher and click 'Recover'. Recover does not redownload everything it simply validates all the files in your assets folder.
    Shard population charts and monitoring: http://riftideas.com/shardwatch/

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Meritt View Post
    Grab the assets directory from that and move it into your main Rift folder. Now run the patcher and click 'Recover'.
    Do I drag the entire assets folder from STABLE-27-13-B (Highest I have) and put it in the main Rift folder - or is there a specific file within the assets folder I need to move?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast