+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Lienda
  • 1 Post By Taerentym
  • 2 Post By Mrwidoes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Game window will not stay

Shield of Telara

Default Game window will not stay

I logged in the other month, and only got to play for a few minutes twice, after not being able to get in for a very long time now. Now, we're having this BS again. I might as well not bother to frustrate myself anymore by trying to download and play something that won't run or stay up at all. 'poof' Oh gee. Not there again. Surprise...

I've tried to log in on either of two computers. They both will not keep the window up. It barely stays up there long enough to put the useless password. I'm tired of wasting time trying to log in and get my characters back, so by all means, delete my account. I am unable to play.
    Apparently, I cheered about the last green puzzle piece for nothing. I can't play now at all.

not gonna lie everytime this has happened to me in the past it was right after a windows update which they don't let you bypass anymore, typically I needed to go get software updates from nVidia, ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI or AZRock that were patched just after the release from Microsoft

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

As my tech skills don't quite run deep could you please further explain what is going on? Is the game crashing? Is your Glyph Launcher crashing? What settings are on your Glyph Launcher and what version of Windows are you running (7, 8, 10 and 32 or 64 bit)?

All this information can be used to further troubleshoot what issue you might be running into.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Taerentym View Post
    As my tech skills don't quite run deep could you please further explain what is going on? Is the game crashing? Is your Glyph Launcher crashing? What settings are on your Glyph Launcher and what version of Windows are you running (7, 8, 10 and 32 or 64 bit)?

All this information can be used to further troubleshoot what issue you might be running into.
    'sigh'
    1. I click the Glyph shortcut.
    2. The window comes up with the sign in.
    3. The window will not stay more than a few seconds. There is no way to update the game, put my password, etc., because it won't stay up. It goes 'poof' away.
    4. I could click the shortcut again, but I won't get anywhere doing so, as this will only 'poof' the window away again.
    Last edited by Lienda; 02-14-2020 at 04:08 PM.
    Apparently, I cheered about the last green puzzle piece for nothing. I can't play now at all.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by Lienda View Post
    'sigh'
    1. I click the Glyph shortcut.
    2. The window comes up with the sign in.
    3. The window will not stay more than a few seconds. There is no way to update the game, put my password, etc., because it won't stay up. It goes 'poof' away.
    4. I could click the shortcut again, but I won't get anywhere doing so, as this will only 'poof' the window away again.

So it closes your glyph launcher randomly... Could you try a few things for me?
    Firstly can you make sure for me that there are no other instances of the Glyph Launcher in your task viewer?

Secondly if you haven't tried repairing your Glyph Launcher you can do so with our Glyph Installer (you run the glyph installer and it should recognize your installation directory) if this doesn't work due to an error I will need you to write it down or remember it in case the next attempt doesn't work.

Thirdly (you can skip this if you do not feel comfortable digging through your computer) can you try going to %localappdata%\Glyph is where glyph writes to for when things like errors but also glyph settings and occur I would like to request that you delete the "Client.CFG" and Cache Folder you should find in that folder, restart your PC then re-open your glyph launcher through your shortcut to see if that works any (or attempt an uninstall).

Lastly if none of these fixes work, I request you attach any findings you have from the Glyph Installer, most recent log that you may have from the third step (if performed not necessary unless Customer Support requests otherwise and will probably explain it as well), along with any errors you may find. You can find out how to write a Ticket to Customer Support here.
    Last edited by Taerentym; 02-15-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Plane Walker

1. Install Revo Uninstaller
    2. Uninstall everything related to glyph.
    3. Try reinstalling glyph.

What OS are you using?
    If Windows 10, what version?
    What drivers/gpu are you using?
    Have you tried running the computer in safe mode and opening Glyph?
    Have you tried scanning your computer for malware?
    Have you allowed Glpyh to run through your firewall if you have one?
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Yes, this has happened before and now it is upon us again. Trust me, it's not the game or Glyph.
    It is caused by the recent Windows update and will be fixed with the next update, just like last time. That means the first week in March unless it is addressed sooner, which is unlikely.

+ Reply to Thread