+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mouse Bug - Camera spins randomly by 180 degrees

Exclamation Mouse Bug - Camera spins randomly by 180 degrees

Problem: - "holding the right mouse button, turning right, releasing the button... pushes you 180 degrees"

When is the mouse turn bug ( when you turn with the mouse and let the right mouse button go it just shoots back to your original position going to get fixed?

1. I have removed the existing Mouse and replaced it - still the same problem
    2. I used CCleaner to removed all cookies - still the same problem
    3. Reinstalled Glyth - still the same problem
    4. Used a different computer - still same problem

So I know its not the computer or the mouse that is in error but the game is the problem, can you fix this bug please so I may get back to gamiing ?

Quote Originally Posted by sirjohnwt View Post
    Did you use the same mouse manufacturer/ software? I once had a compareable issue, using a extremely cheap perixx mouse in swbf2 2005 where it spinbotted me on a fixed degree using i think right mouse button (which was weapon swap for me).I used the mouse like a couple month before it occoured. Took me forever to figure out it's the mouse since nothing happened with it in Windows. So it defentily was a perixx driver wich messed with the game inputs (32 bit)
    Last edited by Shas; 01-12-2020 at 04:32 PM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Problem: - "holding the right mouse button, turning right, releasing the button... pushes you 180 degrees"

When is the mouse turn bug ( when you turn with the mouse and let the right mouse button go it just shoots back to your original position going to get fixed?

1. I have removed the existing Mouse and replaced it - still the same problem
    2. I used CCleaner to removed all cookies - still the same problem
    3. Reinstalled Glyth - still the same problem

So I know its not the computer or the mouse that is in error but the game is the problem, can you fix this bug please so I may get back to gamiing ?

Have you tried a different brand mouse? What mouse are you using? As cheaper mice depending on the brand could also send in ghost movements due to the sensors acting wacky in some games that I've personally played as well (that brand was called ETech and their software wouldn't even install)

Quote Originally Posted by Taerentym View Post
    Have you tried a different brand mouse? What mouse are you using? As cheaper mice depending on the brand could also send in ghost movements due to the sensors acting wacky in some games that I've personally played as well (that brand was called ETech and their software wouldn't even install)
    Yes! This is what I have done, I tried 2 wired mouse (Microsoft & Roccat) and a wireless (Roccat) and still nothing, I even formated my computer hoping that it would reset to factory settings and that would tell me that it isn't my computer, but it still seems to be an issue.

I have upgraded all the driver's everything on my PC is working order

"I forget to mention I have played on other games like Guild Wars Aion and I don't have this issue that I am experiencing in the Rift" Could this possible an error on the coding for your servers? cause every since the last update I have been having this issue
    Last edited by sirjohnwt; 01-13-2020 at 06:32 AM. Reason: add extra info that will help

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Yes! This is what I have done, I tried 2 wired mouse (Microsoft & Roccat) and a wireless (Roccat) and still nothing, I even formated my computer hoping that it would reset to factory settings and that would tell me that it isn't my computer, but it still seems to be an issue.

I have upgraded all the driver's everything on my PC is working order

"I forget to mention I have played on other games like Guild Wars Aion and I don't have this issue that I am experiencing in the Rift" Could this possible an error on the coding for your servers? cause every since the last update I have been having this issue

So if it were a coding issue I would imagine that it would be happening in a larger scale (and with people doing raids right clicking and 180ing ruins a lot of DPS and planned battles so I would imagine we would hear it more often). I believe it potentially could be a client issue before a server/coding issue due to the scale that it happens on (you in regards to posts on the forums or news that I've heard from other users).

Have you tried repairing your RIFT game or switching from (what I would assume is full screen) to windowed or borderless windowed? (As I know in at least FPS games, it locks your mouse in 1 position on the screen which I'm unsure if fullscreen here does as well).

I'll still report this to the team, however I do believe it's client-side as I would have a lot more reports of it if so! I'll always keep my ears and eyes open for any other issue revolving around this though! Thank you for the report, if you do try the steps and it resolves, please let me know!

So if it were a coding issue I would imagine that it would be happening in a larger scale (and with people doing raids right clicking and 180ing ruins a lot of DPS and planned battles so I would imagine we would hear it more often). I believe it potentially could be a client issue before a server/coding issue due to the scale that it happens on (you in regards to posts on the forums or news that I've heard from other users).

Have you tried repairing your RIFT game or switching from (what I would assume is full screen) to windowed or borderless windowed? (As I know in at least FPS games, it locks your mouse in 1 position on the screen which I'm unsure if fullscreen here does as well).

I'll still report this to the team, however I do believe it's client-side as I would have a lot more reports of it if so! I'll always keep my ears and eyes open for any other issue revolving around this though! Thank you for the report, if you do try the steps and it resolves, please let me know!
    I have tried everything you have said, still doesnt not work, I dont believe its my pc or mouse that is at fault, However I took it to a second opnion with regards this I downloaded this game on someone else computer just to see if there was something wrong with my set up aparently she also has the same issue, mouse is turning 180 degree's when pressing on the right button on the mouse when letting it go. I have also noticed that the forum has had a similar problem back in 2011 where it was the servers issue and not the client issue

Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...e-problem.html

Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...lems-rift.html

Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...0-degress.html

Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...ing-mouse.html

So its not the user that is at fault, but its the game at fault, can you not sort this issue and reset the game so i can re-join and play in pvp again?

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

I have tried everything you have said, still doesnt not work, I dont believe its my pc or mouse that is at fault, However I took it to a second opnion with regards this I downloaded this game on someone else computer just to see if there was something wrong with my set up aparently she also has the same issue, mouse is turning 180 degree's when pressing on the right button on the mouse when letting it go. I have also noticed that the forum has had a similar problem back in 2011 where it was the servers issue and not the client issue

Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...e-problem.html

Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...lems-rift.html

Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...0-degress.html

Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...ing-mouse.html

So its not the user that is at fault, but its the game at fault, can you not sort this issue and reset the game so i can re-join and play in pvp again?

I've brought the issue up to the team and made them aware of the issue itself. I'm hoping they can manage to reproduce this issue and fix it!

I've brought the issue up to the team and made them aware of the issue itself. I'm hoping they can manage to reproduce this issue and fix it!
    Thank you kindly Taerentym, very much appreciated

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Thank you kindly Taerentym, very much appreciated

Always my pleasure!

Soulwalker

Having a similar issue from time to time and it's really a new one since my hardware hasn't changed since years and it appeared with the patch before the today's one.

The bug is this: the camera randomly switches to 90 or 180 angle after stopping running while holding the right mouse (camera move). Basicaly, I'm running on my ride along a path (almost a linear one) and when stopping (keyboard QSDZ) the camera can sometimes switch to another different angle without having moved the mouse myself.

Just an annoyance but it could help in investigating the issue.
    Last edited by Lombry; 01-15-2020 at 01:15 PM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Quote Originally Posted by Lombry View Post
    Having a similar issue from time to time and it's really a new one since my hardware hasn't changed since years and it appeared with the patch before the today's one.

The bug is this: the camera randomly switches to 90 or 180 angle after stopping running while holding the right mouse (camera move). Basicaly, I'm running on my ride along a path (almost a linear one) and when stopping (keyboard QSDZ) the camera can sometimes switch to another different angle without having moved the mouse myself.

Just an annoyance but it could help in investigating the issue.

I'm currently wondering if the patch that had just completed potentially have fixed this issue?

Soulwalker

It did not, as I just had it.
    Last edited by Lombry; 01-15-2020 at 03:21 PM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Quote Originally Posted by Lombry View Post
    It did not, as I just had it.

Gah. What a mess then I assume that the team is still looking into it then

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

I also wish to collect as much information from you all as I can!
    Do you guys have any way to reproduce this issue? Being mounted unmounted, spamming right click, whatever makes the issue to cause more often or seem more controlled it will help the team greatly!

Soulwalker

So far: mounted, right click held down, mouse move but not much. That's my usual configuration.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast