+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kavisha

Thread: another ability prepping

Soulwalker

Angry another ability prepping

I have had this issue all day. Am at level 66 and when I hit my combat buttons they don't work for about 30-35 seconds. Enemies are not rezzing for minutes. If I get the slide that shows my combat working and hit another button I get the message Another Ability Prepping.
    This makes the game impossible to play.
    I have relogged, I have exited and restarted game. Nothing is changing. I checked advanced video settings and checked they were up.
    Only other thing I have noticed is the first loading circle only gets to 25% before the start screen pops up. I usually watch it circle to 100%upload.

Anything that I can do to fix this other than uninstall and reinstall?

Kavisha

Soulwalker

Default Repair?

Have you done a Repair yet? (right click Rift on log-in screen)

Soulwalker

I'm having this issue too and I ran a repair already.

Soulwalker

Default THANKS

Never occurred to me that a repair could be the answer. Seems like you have to do a few of those on dear old Rift. Thanks folk for your suggestion. Repair underway now.

Rift Disciple

This is a server problem, so repairing/reinstalling won't help. When you see people in chat complain about crippling lag this is what they mean, not traditional connection latency.

Soulwalker

yeah thanks for that. My next try. You were quite right, repair did not help. Changing shards now.

Soulwalker

Ok transferred to what was a closer and recommended server. (after removing all auctions etc) to.... same problem. Checked my upload and download speeds, they are all good. ( Download = 575.22 and upload = 434.98). NPCs are not loading and ability prepping messages coming down on me fast and furious. Any other ideas guys? I live in New Zealand, could it be a shark has bitten the bloody cable into the country? PS: no problems with Guild wars?

Plane Walker

The move to gcp is probably causing issues. Routing you to the new Ips is probably taking too long. And yes stay off gb/dw. Other than that there's nothing else you can do
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

+ Reply to Thread