+ Reply to Thread

Thread: odd video bug with rift

Telaran

Default odd video bug with rift

so i've noticed that if i restart my computer rift will run fine. but once i exit rift and play something else, like heroes of newerth or wow or something. then log off that game and go back to rift none of the textures load anymore. so all i see is black where ground/characters should be and an odd red outline. background stuff works though so i can see the sky but no tree's or people/monsters. just the funny red outline and black.

now the weird thing is if i switch to low quality textures by clicking that low quality texture box in the video settings in rift everything works. but once i i uncheck that box it goes back to black until 1 of 2 things happens, i restart my comp. or 2 sometimes it randomly fixes itself a few hours later. i dont know much but it seems like rift assumes the textures are preloaded because i've played the game previously int he session. but because i had played another game inbetween that other game overwrote the preloaded textures or something, and rift didn't check to see if the textures were actually loaded. i dunno tbh. anyone have any ideas?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by kingbane View Post
    so i've noticed that if i restart my computer rift will run fine. but once i exit rift and play something else, like heroes of newerth or wow or something. then log off that game and go back to rift none of the textures load anymore. so all i see is black where ground/characters should be and an odd red outline. background stuff works though so i can see the sky but no tree's or people/monsters. just the funny red outline and black.

now the weird thing is if i switch to low quality textures by clicking that low quality texture box in the video settings in rift everything works. but once i i uncheck that box it goes back to black until 1 of 2 things happens, i restart my comp. or 2 sometimes it randomly fixes itself a few hours later. i dont know much but it seems like rift assumes the textures are preloaded because i've played the game previously int he session. but because i had played another game inbetween that other game overwrote the preloaded textures or something, and rift didn't check to see if the textures were actually loaded. i dunno tbh. anyone have any ideas?
    I have the same problem. I am running 5850s in crossfire with the latest drivers.

Telaran

yea i'm running a geforce gtx 460. not sure what's causing. all my drivers are up to date as well.

Soulwalker

Having sort of the same problem, in beta 5 i run on high settings and everything was smooth, solid and shiny. Now when i run with the Low renders box unchecked the whole terrain is black with the red outlineing but my char and the npc`s turn out green.

When i check the Low render box restart the game everything is oke again...but heey it just doesnt look that nice as before. :P

I have a Nvidia GTS 450 vidcard with drivers who are up to date and all my other specs meet the recommanded requirements for this game.

Telaran

bump, anyone have any tips on working around this or why it happens so maybe i can fix it?

Telaran

I have to restart then I'm fine. GTS 450 with latest NVIDIA drivers.

+ Reply to Thread