+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning Player - Flickering Screen

Default Returning Player - Flickering Screen

I haven't played Rift in 2+ years, but I have put in over 2,000 hours of playing Rift. I wanted to play Rift again, and start to level my character from lv 65 - 70. Despite the fact that I'm on the same computer that I have previously played Rift, the screen now flickers. This happens every time I cam around.

I have directx9, and I have shadows turned off because some people on the forum claimed that having shadows enabled can cause flickering. The only difference from what I played Rift previously, is that my internet connection is A LOT faster, but it's from a satellite. I hope the latency is not the issue because I now receive my internet through a satellite. Any ideas?

P.S. I'm also accessing Rift through Steam (which I wasn't before).
    Last edited by SassyArcher; 05-08-2019 at 04:50 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by SassyArcher View Post
    I haven't played Rift in 2+ years, but I have put in over 2,000 hours of playing Rift. I wanted to play Rift again, and start to level my character from lv 65 - 70. Despite the fact that I'm on the same computer that I have previously played Rift, the screen now flickers. This happens every time I cam around.

I have directx9, and I have shadows turned off because some people on the forum claimed that having shadows enabled can cause flickering. The only difference from what I played Rift previously, is that my internet connection is A LOT faster, but it's from a satellite. I hope the latency is not the issue because I now receive my internet through a satellite. Any ideas?

P.S. I'm also accessing Rift through Steam (which I wasn't before).
    Assuming you've done all the troubleshooting you can before posting this like trying other games to see if the same issue occurs. If not I suggest you do that. If so, then try the following

1. Update Graphics
    2. Try using DX12
    3. Play around with graphic settings more
    4. If you have Nvidia GPU, use Nvidia Control Panel to adjust how your GPU runs the game
    5. Use Revo Uninstaller or similar to remove everything related to rift/glyph from your computer
    6. Repair
    7. Try swapping 64/32 bit
    8. Try low-quality render
    9. Try running rift from glyph and not steam
    10. Check to make sure it's not your monitor
    11. Check to make sure your gpu isn't burning out/over heating
    12. Pray
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

+ Reply to Thread