+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kavari
  • 1 Post By nihylum

Thread: you are not running the correct version of the game

Soulwalker

Exclamation you are not running the correct version of the game

I get the following error when i start the game (european version): "you are not running the correct version of the game, please exit the game as there may be a new patch on the way." (translated, my error is localized into german).

This happens after the extended maintenance of April 24th, 2019 was "successfully" (?) done. It looks like some patches are not out yet. Any ETA for a solution?

Thank you.

similar issue, just not getting the "Not running the right version" message, instead I go straight to the '' Failed to connect to the server" message.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    similar issue, just not getting the "Not running the right version" message, instead I go straight to the '' Failed to connect to the server" message.
    I guess you are trying to play on the european shards?

yes, the shards that according to Archonix are back online..........

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5375483

Soulwalker

By the way (if this might be an issue): I have both installed, the EU and NA version of Rift (NA just to play something when EU servers are under maintenance). I see no reason for this, but this information "might" be useful.

Everybody has both installed, not always updated or using both. But this has nothing to do with running NA as well...

All was fine this morning right after reset timer, before downtime started, both on NA and EU.

It is more likely the hardware maintenance went wrong somewhere

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    Everybody has both installed, not always updated or using both. But this has nothing to do with running NA as well...

All was fine this morning right after reset timer, before downtime started, both on NA and EU.

It is more likely the hardware maintenance went wrong somewhere
    Yes, i am with you at this point. I just mention this because the Glyph Launcher is responsible to manage both patch processes. In my scenario, this "might" have an impact.
    Last edited by nihylum; 04-24-2019 at 07:16 PM.

NA is fine still..

I tried several options, repair through the glyph window +update through the glyph window

Download glyph and run the repair through that. Tried the repair/update through glyph after that...

None of these work for the EU shards, the action it seems to be hanging on is connection to the character selection server. So I'm just guessing they have an old issue at hand with characters not showing in the window.

Glyphe is stacked in an endless update loop.
    1st Update NA Server (I never needed it before) then I could update the EU Server, here I get an error message.
    Back to the NA server, now it wants to update again.
    Edit:
    Now I have patched NA and EU again, while I could also play the NA servers, it still fails on the EU servers.
    When updating the EU server I get a message in Glyphe and later when logging in I get an error message. See Screeshots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails you are not running the correct version of the game-glyphe-update.jpg   you are not running the correct version of the game-login.jpg  
    Last edited by phoenix1957; 04-24-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Charwyn@Brutwacht

Soulwalker

My wife and me tried to connect (EU), Glyph is running well, but entrance to game is not available, same notice as like the others have... *...wrong version of the game...*. My wife tried out a lot of solutions, like repair, manual updating p. e., nothing happens.

We hope that the game will be soon running again.

Soulwalker

When you change in Glyph to 32bit it works. Not a good solution but it works

(Source of the idea: HoT Discord)
    Last edited by Kavari; 04-24-2019 at 11:29 PM.

I switched from 64.bit to 32-bit and it works for me.
    But since I have a 64-bit system and I only use 64-bit app, I will switch again.

Charwyn@Brutwacht

Soulwalker

My issue is solved. We got a patch today.

I hope your issues will be solved soon.

+ Reply to Thread