+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Error 108?

Unhappy Error 108?

Hi all,

My client gets stuck at 92% loading with "108: Requested Select Authentication" in the upper left hand corner. I get a pop-up message telling me "Failed to log in to server. Press okay to retry or Cancel to Exit".

What can I do?

I have restarted my computer twice,
    I have rebooted my router twice,
    I have launched Glyph as an administrator,

The only thing is that my Rift is not 100% up to date but I was playing last night without problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeps View Post
    my Rift is not 100% up to date
    What exactly do you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    What exactly do you mean by that?
    It has 5.4gb left to download but las night I started it right after it told me I could play but it would download in the background. I played last night for hours without issue and it ran great.

I have played before but this is the first time on this new laptop and up until now I had not had any problems ever connecting to Rift on any computer the whole time I have been playing since beta.

Plane Touched

Should prooobably just let it finish then. It shouldn't be an issue, but since it is, try full install and then see if it still happens.

Should prooobably just let it finish then. It shouldn't be an issue, but since it is, try full install and then see if it still happens.
    But then it still doesn't explain why or how this is happening with my client. I want to know what I can do to resolve my issue if anything.

Plane Touched

As with any troubleshooting, start with the basic steps. Then take it a step further. And one more. And another, until you reach the point where you can do no more.

In this case, make sure your client is fully downloaded before doing anything else. If you already have addons, uninstall them. And so on and so forth.

As with any troubleshooting, start with the basic steps. Then take it a step further. And one more. And another, until you reach the point where you can do no more.

In this case, make sure your client is fully downloaded before doing anything else. If you already have addons, uninstall them. And so on and so forth.
    I appreciate the troubleshooting tips.

I ended up leaving my computer alone for a few hours and it seemed to do the trick and now it works when I try to launch the client.

I am happy that it works.

Case closed.

+ Reply to Thread