+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Problem on starting the game.

Soulwalker

Default Problem on starting the game.

I've patched the game to the latest patch. But the main problem is loading the game. After log in to my account through the launcher and "Start" the game, the game seems stucked (black screen with a loading cursor).

Does anyone have the same problem? Help / solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

These are some solutions found by people around the forum, # - Post Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxom View Post
    I figured it out!!!!! Go to settings and click Reset all. Then reload the game. It will work.No idea why but it works now.
    weird, I also changed my graphics cards from Sli to not, and then back to SLi. When I click the Reset all. It worked. In the support tab thats what they recommended me to do. I hope you guys get it working
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMakaio View Post
    I finally got mine working via updating DirectX from the microsoft website. Hope it helps the rest of you
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanel32 View Post
    Fixed ! So I was fighting with this error for over an hr but I got it to work
    Start < Run < Regedit
    Browse to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DirectX
    Delete the Direct X folder, Reboot
    Quote Originally Posted by Entan View Post
    I did resolve my problem though by using the "recover" option on the game launcher. I started the game and selected the "recover" button in the lower right corner. It sometimes doesn't appear till you actually press play. It takes some time but it checks all the game files and it seemed to download some files. After this the game loaded.
    There is one other thing I did initially. I deleted the Rift settings folder before running "recover". The folder I deleted was "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Rift"
    Quote Originally Posted by iaans View Post
    My Solution: Recover worked for me. Downloaded an intial 875.8mb, and so far I can create new characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by sys View Post
    idk :/ if u have nvidia then maybe update ur graphics driver from the site but it works for me i have a nvidia 9800M GTS card
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam3ll View Post
    First i runned S&D to clean my notebook from malicious software. (i found 2)
    Then i cleaned rest of wierd files with Hijackthis. (i found 10)
    After this rift is working for me.
    Last edited by Weng; 02-05-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Updated Solutions

Soulwalker

Bumping for help.

Soulwalker

I have the same problem

Soulwalker

Updated driver nor full screen/windowed mode does not help.

Soulwalker

I cant start the game either. When i log in and then click Play and it closes out completely. WTH?

Me 2. No idea whats going on.

I figured it out!!!!! Go to settings and click Reset all. Then reload the game. It will work.No idea why but it works now.

Soulwalker

Does not work for me, but thanks for the input

Soulwalker

doesnt work for me

Soulwalker

same problem here.

Soulwalker

This doesnt work for me either...

If i hover over the Play/Cancel button until it briefly turns to Play again, and i click it... i get the Windows msg "Patching in progress. Would you like to continue?" Yes or no shuts it out completely again.

Has anyone tried the Recover button on the bottom right? Says file recovery is time comsuming... wondering if anyone has tried this yet?

Soulwalker

The recover button only took 5 minutes for me, but I still can't access the character selection server, Doesn't seem to be a game error, something with communication between my comp and their servers =(

Ive tried the recover option, switching to windowed mode, updating drivers, switching video cards, playing with other settings, all to no avail.

Everyone else playing have really crappy internet service and/or older video card by any chance? Personally I have a EVGA 8600GT 512mb, bottom of the line for the game, but others reported it working for themselves on older models.

Soulwalker

same problem

Soulwalker

Pathetic no support on this forum............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast