+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New PC build and no sound in RIFT

Default New PC build and no sound in RIFT

I am at my wits end on how to fix this. I literally have sound in everything besides RIFT. New build specs:

MSI X470 Gaming Pro Motherboard
    Ryzen 5 2600X CPU Wraith cooler
    G Skillz Trident 3200 RAM (32GB, 4x8gb)
    Samsung Evo 860 m.2 (500Gb x2)
    MSI RX 580 8GB x 2 (crossfire)
    EVGA Supernova 750w PSU
    Windows 10 64bit

Everything went super easy on this build. It is my first in about five years and I was shocked at how smooth it went. When I finally got all the windows updates, driver updates, and so on I downloaded and installed rift. The first cut scene with the bird flying had sound and then nothing. My human warrior didn't do his yell at the character screen and when loading the game no sound at all. I did TRION's three step trouble shooting with in game sound settings, play back devices, and driver updates. I also spammed ctrl-S which I read is a new keybind for muting. Not really sure what else to do at this point...
    Coming back to RIFT and would like to find a decent guild.

Default Happy and annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by Massiveaaron View Post
    I am at my wits end on how to fix this. I literally have sound in everything besides RIFT. New build specs:

MSI X470 Gaming Pro Motherboard
    Ryzen 5 2600X CPU Wraith cooler
    G Skillz Trident 3200 RAM (32GB, 4x8gb)
    Samsung Evo 860 m.2 (500Gb x2)
    MSI RX 580 8GB x 2 (crossfire)
    EVGA Supernova 750w PSU
    Windows 10 64bit

Everything went super easy on this build. It is my first in about five years and I was shocked at how smooth it went. When I finally got all the windows updates, driver updates, and so on I downloaded and installed rift. The first cut scene with the bird flying had sound and then nothing. My human warrior didn't do his yell at the character screen and when loading the game no sound at all. I did TRION's three step trouble shooting with in game sound settings, play back devices, and driver updates. I also spammed ctrl-S which I read is a new keybind for muting. Not really sure what else to do at this point...
    I spent a good two hours trying to get this working. Doing all the trouble shooting and running the DirectX diagnostic and a few reboots. I decided to say screw it and to go to bed and hit restart instead of shutdown. When I saw it reboot and figured I'd try one more time and the sound was working... I don't understand because it was my 6th reboot or so but it seems to be fixed...
    Coming back to RIFT and would like to find a decent guild.

+ Reply to Thread