+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Data files are corrupted. Please use the function in the Rift Patcher.

Question Data files are corrupted. Please use the function in the Rift Patcher.

I wanted to get in Rift for a moment. The patch RIFT 4.5: Hotfix # 5 8/1/2018 was downloaded then came this message as above. Which function should I use because repair is not with me! I have already done the tips with the "End Background Tasks and Services", also on Administrator did not help. I do not get involved.
    What am I doing now? I wanted to post Dxdiag, but I do not know how? To reinstall Rift, I did it in July!

https://abload.de/img/riftfehler02.08.20182sfe08.jpg

Soulwalker

In launcher right click on rift icon (above rift prime) and click repair. Not sure if this is what youre asking.

Red face

Hi, luckily everything has cleared up. After three attempts to repair Rift, it worked again. I had just forgotten where the option to repair is. Had already received a shock ^^
    Thank you for your answer.
    Last edited by Ceserea; 08-04-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Delania View Post
    In launcher right click on rift icon (above rift prime) and click repair. Not sure if this is what youre asking.
    Wow! I had no idea you could do that! I received this same error, so I emailed support, and every time I email them about an issue, we go in circles. They keep giving me "solutions" that do not pertain to what I'm asking. I have asked them more than once, how do I get to the patcher settings? And they keep giving me all these fixes to do, like pulling up the command prompt or going in to end background tasks that don't need to be running. Ugh, thank you for answering the original posters question. Now I have my question answered!

+ Reply to Thread