+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lag Spikes

Default Lag Spikes

Hi.
    I've come back to the game after a few months not playing (and annoyingly lost all my character names!)
    Anyway when running I get a lag spike every few steps and also crashed whilst fighting a few times.
    I have no add on's, FPS is constantly above 60,

my set up is

Intel I7-7700hq cpu @ 2.80ghz
    Geforce GTX 1050 TI
    16gb Ram

I'm quite sure its nothing to do with my hardware

It also does the same no matter what the settings as I have tried it on low and High

Any advice?

I was considering becoming a patron again but if the game is going to be frustrating I will sstay away till sorted
    All updates are up to date also.

Many thanks

I get the crash every so often and random. It is not all that often and only minor inconvenience. I get the stutter lag every so often in some areas. Ember Isle on Prime seems to be one. Again an inconvenience but it is not constant.

If this sounds like what you are experiencing then I did a quick reinstall and it seems less so but the crash will still occur at random.

Rift Chaser

It sounds like you've got the turbo setting turned off in bios and it's hitting the 2.8ghz cap perhaps enabling multi core support could help you.

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidX View Post
    I get the crash every so often and random. It is not all that often and only minor inconvenience. I get the stutter lag every so often in some areas. Ember Isle on Prime seems to be one. Again an inconvenience but it is not constant.

If this sounds like what you are experiencing then I did a quick reinstall and it seems less so but the crash will still occur at random.
    Hi thanks for your reply.
    I have re installed
    The crashes are almost everytime I am fighting a rift causing me to have to relog in
    The lagg is like i run 2 steps and then I jump back slightly and my pet goes back further and repeats the whole time

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game as it was one of the first things I did.

Quote Originally Posted by May Contain Nuts View Post
    It sounds like you've got the turbo setting turned off in bios and it's hitting the 2.8ghz cap perhaps enabling multi core support could help you.
    Hi thanks for replying.

My turbo setting is turned on and I have enabled multi core and still getting the same issue.

This is the only game I have issues with which is a shame but I guess il go play something else as my set up is more than enough to run it but its frustrating when you run 2 steps and back up on the third and a strain on the eyes. And the crashes when fighting rifts are a nightmare.

Plane Walker

Try disabling Other Player's Hit FX in your interface settings. It's a frequent cause of crashes in this game.

I guess the other things to try is update your video card drivers
    Last edited by Skiye; 07-24-2018 at 07:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread