+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Constantly requiring password

Pie

Default Constantly requiring password

Despite checking the box that indicates to keep me signed in and even if I signed in earlier in the day, 8 out of 10 times I have to provide my password. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this. Anything that can be done? Am I the only one?

Rift Disciple

This is most likely caused by your authentication expiring. Your IP changing is the most common (I think) cause of this.

It would take a lot of different isps.. since afaik it remembers your login from ' this location ' which should include isp.

Soulwalker

Or even better, it could set an cookie or smth on the PC...

Some time before (just some month) it did work with changing IPs

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

I am not sure what sort of chaos magic is involved, but I always have to re-authenticate when I am traveling, or even when switching between work and home ISPs. I consider it a worthy sacrifice to the gods of security.
    Brasse

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

I am running into this every couple of days too. And it is not usually when first logging into Rift. It is almost always when my client crashes or kicks me to the login screen.

I am not traveling or switching computers or anything like that.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

+ Reply to Thread