Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TrionBrasse

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Name Changed Involuntarily

Soulwalker

Default Name Changed Involuntarily

I was randomly kicked by an admin a few nights ago. My name beforehand was 'Muhfuggajones' then it became 'Tempname'. I have not received any answer as to how or why this happened. I also haven't been given a chance to re-name my toon. Can anyone please explain what happened, or how I can go about fixing this? Any advice helps. Thanks!

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Hey there, if we have to explain to you why that name won't fly in RIFT, then we have some serious challenges.

In short, your name, when read by any reasonable individual, includes an expletive. We try not to let any sorts of "fuggas" run around our servers.

You may submit a ticket to our CS team at support.trionworlds.com (a rename token would be entirely at their discretion), purchase a rename token at any time, or delete and recreate your character.
    Consider it a speeding ticket.
    Enjoy RIFT - there are worse names out there than "Tempname."

Brasse

Soulwalker

Appreciate the info. Wouldn't it make more sense to have something in place that would prevent names like that being made beforehand though? A euphemism really caused me to be kicked and name changed without at least a warning or explanation? Seems pretty disingenuous and unprofessional. So now I have two options. Purchase....purchase a rename token, at the games discretion. Or, delete my character and start over? Again, disingenuous and unprofessional. If this game is that sensitive to language, then maybe you need to get rid of in game chat.When read by reasonable individuals, they would agree, the expletives are actually there. No silly euphemisms, actual expletives. Huh....imagine that.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

We can't prepare for every inappropriate name.
    In general, most bad names are reported by fellow players. Devs and CS make the call.
    This is not up for discussion and I am closing this thread.
    Brasse

Closed Thread