+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Crash to Desktop every 20-40 min

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Synsyyty View Post
    Changed to 32bit and played 4hrs straight no crashes
    I think this solved it for me, too!

No problems after 2 hours of playing, thanks for the advice!

Still sad that no one of Trion replys in this thread. They only take our money, that's all they can do.
    Last edited by spasut; 03-13-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Soulwalker

Yeah this bothers me a little that they will chime in on all these other topics, even going into posts that are all about these crashes only to barely mention another item and the dev or moderator only responds to the non-crash item. It is like they are sticking their head in the sand hoping these crashes will just go away. If they are fixing it great but for Pete's sake at least acknowledge the issue.

Both my friend's client and mine crash at least 5-10x a day. We'll try switching to the 32 bit client to see if that helps, but wasn't the main selling point of the 64-bit client "improved stability"?
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Rift Disciple

I have the same problem and crashed 10+ times tonight.
    Updated all drivers, GPU is not overheating, not sure what the deal is.

Windows 10 64 bit
    i7
    GTX 1080

Using the 64 bit client at the moment...

Never had this problem on Live

Switching to the 32-bit client didn't help...
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Hi returning player here....

I love the pay to play model and that's why I came back.

I loved this game the 1st time around.. and for the most part I still love the game (on Prime).

That being said... I like many in this thread have been crashing randomly.

I've crashed using my abilities while nothing was going on in the zone as far as events.... I chalked that up to heavy server load as the game had just relaunched...

Now that sometime has gone by I'd hoped that it'd just work itself out, but now I'm out here in gloamwood which seems to have fewer people in the zone as compared to the starting zones of SW/FM according to the

Exclamation Crash and Latency Issues

I have even tried changing the client to 32 bit as suggested above. For me, it has not made any difference. Not only am I still crashing but now I am getting a latency of over 1000. Now I get a constant 1K latency and a good bit of the time I have a range from 1K-45K. The crashes and latency have stopped me from playing on the Prime server. I know it is not my pc, internet connection etc. as on the normal server I never crash and my latency never goes higher than 60.
    The crashes I can deal with but the latency I can't. I can't even play when the latency reaches 1K. I know the crashes are being looked at, I hope, I also hope the latency is as well. I know there are people that is not having any issues but I am reading a great deal are having both these issues. I read one thread that a Dev/Customer Relations wrote that re-logging will help. I hope this gets fixed soon as even re-logging, for myself, does nothing. Thanks.
    Last edited by Custom; 03-26-2018 at 10:05 AM. Reason: wording
    To be a healer you have to have a pure heart, one that will always think about others before yourself. My fellow man shall not fall as long as I have breathe. Trust me and stand by my side and you shall always be rewarded with life.

This is what I was told by RIFT SUPPORT when I contacted them through, contact a GM. Devs please, we all know this is an issue, all they had to say is, it is being looked into, not this response. This really makes me feel like we are not being listened to and just given canned responses.

----------------------------------------

Hello!
    Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. Iím very sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. As a player myself I can understand how frustrating these connection issues can be. There are a few things you can try with issues like this. Please follow the below steps to powercycle your modem.
    1.Turn off your device. When it has shut down completely, proceed to the next step.
    2. If you have a router, remove the power cable. Wait thirty seconds.
    3. Next, remove the power cable from the modem (either at the wall or at the modem). Wait thirty seconds.
    4. Plug your modem back in.
    5. Plug your router back in.
    6. Turn your device back on. Please try logging back into the game and see if your issue has been resolved.
    I would like to have you perform a ping and trace route test to the shard you play on, this will help determine the cause of your issue. Please follow the steps below:
    Press the Windows key + R at the same time to open your run prompt.
    Type in "cmd" and press enter.
    Type the following command without the quotes and press enter "ping 208.94.26.5" for North American servers or "ping 193.105.173.1" for European servers.
    Once your ping finishes, type the following command without its quotes and press enter "tracert 208.94.26.5" for NA servers, or "tracert 193.105.173.1" for EU servers.
    Right click the cmd prompt, then click select all (Everything should now be highlighted)
    Press the enter key (This will copy the data so it can be pasted)
    Paste the information into your reply back to this email for review (Ctrl+V or right click and select "paste")
    I would also like to get some more information regarding your internet setup. Please answer the following questions in your reply.
    1.What company provides your internet service, and is it DSL, Cable, or Satellite?

2. What kind of internet set up are you on (Home, Work, University ect.) and is your connection wireless or directly connected to your modem?
    3. What is your IP address? You can find this by typing "What is my IP" into Google and pulling the string of numbers after "Your public IP address is".
    4. Please visit http://www.speedtest.net/ and run the test for your connection and then include the results. This allows us to gauge the general speed of your connection with a 3rd party to compare the differences with what we see
    5. Please make sure a full virus scan is performed as being infected can cause issues with Rift.
    To be a healer you have to have a pure heart, one that will always think about others before yourself. My fellow man shall not fall as long as I have breathe. Trust me and stand by my side and you shall always be rewarded with life.

Soulwalker

Lol are they trying to say it's *our* internet's fault and not their server's? Crazy how many people suddenly have poor internet when playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Custom View Post
    This is what I was told by RIFT SUPPORT when I contacted them through, contact a GM. Devs please, we all know this is an issue, all they had to say is, it is being looked into, not this response. This really makes me feel like we are not being listened to and just given canned responses.

----------------------------------------

Hello!
    Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. As a player myself I can understand how frustrating these connection issues can be. There are a few things you can try with issues like this. Please follow the below steps to powercycle your modem.
    1.Turn off your device. When it has shut down completely, proceed to the next step.
    2. If you have a router, remove the power cable. Wait thirty seconds.
    3. Next, remove the power cable from the modem (either at the wall or at the modem). Wait thirty seconds.
    4. Plug your modem back in.
    5. Plug your router back in.
    6. Turn your device back on. Please try logging back into the game and see if your issue has been resolved.
    I would like to have you perform a ping and trace route test to the shard you play on, this will help determine the cause of your issue. Please follow the steps below:
    Press the Windows key + R at the same time to open your run prompt.
    Type in "cmd" and press enter.
    Type the following command without the quotes and press enter "ping 208.94.26.5" for North American servers or "ping 193.105.173.1" for European servers.
    Once your ping finishes, type the following command without its quotes and press enter "tracert 208.94.26.5" for NA servers, or "tracert 193.105.173.1" for EU servers.
    Right click the cmd prompt, then click select all (Everything should now be highlighted)
    Press the enter key (This will copy the data so it can be pasted)
    Paste the information into your reply back to this email for review (Ctrl+V or right click and select "paste")
    I would also like to get some more information regarding your internet setup. Please answer the following questions in your reply.
    1.What company provides your internet service, and is it DSL, Cable, or Satellite?

2. What kind of internet set up are you on (Home, Work, University ect.) and is your connection wireless or directly connected to your modem?
    3. What is your IP address? You can find this by typing "What is my IP" into Google and pulling the string of numbers after "Your public IP address is".
    4. Please visit http://www.speedtest.net/ and run the test for your connection and then include the results. This allows us to gauge the general speed of your connection with a 3rd party to compare the differences with what we see
    5. Please make sure a full virus scan is performed as being infected can cause issues with Rift.
    Last edited by Erzebet; 03-28-2018 at 07:26 AM.

there are a few things that might help..

no guarantees, for every situation is different..
    Just things you can try to see if that helps you.

run a windows repair from your install dvd/download

run a glyph repair through the website, not the launcher. Just download/save the glyhph download and run the repair option.

try disable addons

in settings hide other players ffx, disable/lower some high gpu/cpu demanding settings that dont have a big impact on your playing experience.
    Last edited by Aranka; 03-28-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Exclamation I hope to read, Patch Notes: "Crashes and :atency FIXED".

I wish/hope this is being fixed soon. As of now I am no longer a Patron because of this. I hope I see those patch notes that read, "Crashes and latency fixed"

I have tried everything I can think of and every suggestions I have seen. As of now my last day of Patron my latency is still 1K+. It is the only game/server I have any issues with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2