+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chronic DC

Soulwalker

Default Chronic DC

For the past two weeks I have been having chronic DC issues, sometimes happening 1 to two times an hour, sometimes happening as much as 8 times an hour.

I am hard-lined into my modem, i run around 100mbps.

I have trouble shot on my end ( I work in IT) so I know my connection is rock solid, I also play 3 other MMOs and never have a connection issue ever.

Are there some issues going on server side? Whats the deal? Am I missing something in game optimization?

Rift Chaser

It's server side and has been for around 6 months now. They are working to mitigate this by moving their data onto aws as opposed to the data farm they have in texas. Once they migrate everything over, the lag should clear up.

If someone tells you it's ddos attacks, remember that ddos attacks happen 24/7 all over the world so it's all relative.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Quote Originally Posted by firella View Post
    For the past two weeks I have been having chronic DC issues, sometimes happening 1 to two times an hour, sometimes happening as much as 8 times an hour.

I am hard-lined into my modem, i run around 100mbps.

I have trouble shot on my end ( I work in IT) so I know my connection is rock solid, I also play 3 other MMOs and never have a connection issue ever.

Are there some issues going on server side? Whats the deal? Am I missing something in game optimization?
    it's server side but uh... well im sure you know this already because you are an IT but.. you should really get a router between you and your modem. It is more secure unless ofc you are going the route of.. "well they got into my line... so it was fair game at that point"

If you are going that route I would suggest just waiting, logging and learning -- cheers.

+ Reply to Thread