+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 21 of 21
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ryzen 1700 / Gtx 1070 - Low Fps?

  1. #16
    Rift Disciple Udoing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Was actually asking Shhhh about his fps/ping,but adding yours also helps.

    I'm in australia and was at 280ms during my tests.NA server also.

    It's pretty depressing to see even the new AMD's are performing poorly in RIFT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dombeck View Post
    115~180ms

    NA Server
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

  2. #17
    Rift Disciple Udoing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Yeah,the thread I linked is a bit long but is pretty much about the same thing,that I don't believe people should have to buy a new computer to run RIFT at decent frames.

    I do believe AMD is performing sub-par in RIFT,monitoring the CPU and GPU usage gave me this conclusion.

    The zone event up at vostigar is where this is most apparent.You would generally be OK and well above happy fps anywhere else including raids.(25+)

    However,I don't believe in running at ultra if the system isn't coping which is why I suggested backing off some settings from ultra and trying it again.

    I agree,it's not something we should be happy about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dombeck View Post
    Nah dude!
    buy a new computer to play like this?
    I disagree...

    Im downloading TERA online to test...
    Isn't a rage! But I'm a gamer.. I can migrate easily to other games :P
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

  3. #18
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udoing View Post
    May I ask what your pings to the server are like?

    115 during zone event?
    Quote Originally Posted by Udoing View Post
    Yeah,the thread I linked is a bit long but is pretty much about the same thing,that I don't believe people should have to buy a new computer to run RIFT at decent frames.

    I do believe AMD is performing sub-par in RIFT,monitoring the CPU and GPU usage gave me this conclusion.

    The zone event up at vostigar is where this is most apparent.You would generally be OK and well above happy fps anywhere else including raids.(25+)

    However,I don't believe in running at ultra if the system isn't coping which is why I suggested backing off some settings from ultra and trying it again.

    I agree,it's not something we should be happy about.
    Yep! I read part of discussion..

    --

    Yesterday I OC my memories (GSkill Ripjaws V 2666hz) to 2800mhz and don't change nothing in game, maybe 1 more fps

    Problably Rift never will work fine with AMD.. This problem happens a long time!! (~2013)

    Well...
    Lets try TERA... why not? haha

  4. #19
    Rift Disciple Udoing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Personally i'm looking forward to anthem,hoping there's beta news soon!
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

  5. #20
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    583

    Default

    I haven't played a MMORPG where the Fps didn't go down with big crowd of players. I had the best performance so far in Final Fantasy 14 and WoW. The good performance of Final Fantasy 14 really amazed me because it looks beautiful, but the combat system and the classes don't have any real depths and I was bored quickly.

  6. #21
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dombeck View Post
    Guys...

    I overclocked my CPU to 3.7Ghz
    (Will try memories later)

    and put the game on SSD too!

    my fps without fights are stable in 80~90fps...

    Clear
    https://imgur.com/a/PYN0l

    Many People
    https://imgur.com/a/KgUyN

    VP ZE
    https://imgur.com/a/QKegs

    dont improve to much with a lot of information on screen =/
    Take the test with the shadows off

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts