+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning to game, trying to download game, keep getting Error #1011

Soulwalker

Default Returning to game, trying to download game, keep getting Error #1011

I am returning to the game after a year or two and trying to download the game onto a new computer. I download glyph and go to Rift to install and I keep getting Error #1011, try again in a few minutes. I try again in a few minutes and it is just the same error. I googled this error but all the information is old and none of it works for me. Any help would be appreciated.

I had this happen to a friend and we weren't sure what to do either. In the end he installed the game through Steam and that worked. Good luck!
    Trion Creator
    Twitter - Twitch
    <Phantheon> Deepwood

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce3D View Post
    I am returning to the game after a year or two and trying to download the game onto a new computer. I download glyph and go to Rift to install and I keep getting Error #1011, try again in a few minutes. I try again in a few minutes and it is just the same error. I googled this error but all the information is old and none of it works for me. Any help would be appreciated.
    I'm having the same issue. I can install other games through Glyph, just not RIFT. Support request sent to Trion ...

Default Same Deal

This is happening to me as well

Rift Disciple

A 5s google search yielded me this.

However, I am not sure if it will fix your problem. So here's a checklist.

Have you tried repairing the game?
    Have you tried re-installing the game?
    Have you removed every single file related to glyph/rift and tried to re-install again? ( There are programs that let you do this)
    Have you deleted the rift folder in your Roaming folder?
    Have you recently updated your os? Was it working before the update? If so restoring os before update may help.
    Have you allowed glyph/rift to run through your firewall?
    Have you run glyph as admin?
    Remember when Rift was:

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Releasing T2 gear on the store today simply is not going to happen. Right now, that is the best gear in the game that you can earn. I'm not going to go against my very own definition of pay to win.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post

Have you removed every single file related to glyph/rift and tried to re-install again? ( There are programs that let you do this)
    Have you recently updated your os? Was it working before the update? If so restoring os before update may help.
    I am attempting a fresh install on a new computer.
    - Right clicking on the RIFT icon in Glyph and selecting repair yields the same error
    - I have uninstalled Glyph only since I cannot get RIFT to install yet and ALL occurrences of Glyph/RIFT.
    - I have suspended the firewall and anti-virus software

Quote Originally Posted by Selara View Post
    I am attempting a fresh install on a new computer.
    - Right clicking on the RIFT icon in Glyph and selecting repair yields the same error
    - I have uninstalled Glyph only since I cannot get RIFT to install yet and ALL occurrences of Glyph/RIFT.
    - I have suspended the firewall and anti-virus software
    It's not on your end it is on theirs. Look at Rift on the installer it says the initial install is only 99 mb. So this is showing that the problem is on their end.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post

Yes, I tried those things. And I had googled and saw that and several other posts related to this error but they all seemed to be older.

I did notice that rather than Install, Glyph wanted me to Update at a file size of 99 mb.

Right now, I did a final uninstall and delete of every file and folder and I went to Steam and began the download. So far it is working. Thanks for the suggestion, Martini!

+ Reply to Thread