+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Aurowyn
  • 1 Post By Isp

Thread: So frustrated.

Soulwalker

Angry So frustrated.

I would really love to play this game and enjoy the new event but these game crashes are killing me. I have sent report after report and it seems to get nowhere.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdBuddha View Post
    I would really love to play this game and enjoy the new event but these game crashes are killing me. I have sent report after report and it seems to get nowhere.
    Step 1 - disable all addons, if it would not help:
    Step 2 - reinstall rift from scratch.

Game still will crash from time to time, but it is bearable - especially in comparison with other ugly stuff in game.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

i don't have any add ons and I have installed the game twice already. I am used to crashing a few times but last night it crashed 5 times in one freaking hour. How can i do a dungeon with it crashing like that? I have all the settings as low as they can go cause I have an older PC, do people with new PCs crash as well?

define old...

what system are you using?
    what is your internet speed?
    Do you see spikes in the moniton icon in your menubar? as in the icon going red

what is your latency / fps?

I cannot stay logged in log enough to do anything at all. I am often crashing before I even get logged in.. This has been ramping up in frequency over the past few weeks.
    No addons.. doesn't make any difference what settings I have.
    This is happening to me for TRION games but not for any other games.
    Very frustrating. Oddly, happens most often on my main account.. not so much on 2nd account.
    Also mostly happens when characters are in busy places like Tempest Bay, Meridian or Sanctum.
    It has been an annoyance since you started forcing us all to autolog into the busiest shard. Now it is completely unplayable. An option to log into the least busy shard might help some.

Win 7, multi core, .. I know I have bad internet, but it used to work okay for the most part, but lately it has become unplayable. As I said... I can play other MMOs with no problem.. just not TRION titles. Such a shame as I really like this game.

PS.. with today's patch my frame rate took a nose dive. Normally is 60ish.. now its 10 or less. I changed settings to min, that made it even worse.

I have seen lots of people in game complaining about it lately too.
    Last edited by Aurowyn; 12-13-2017 at 08:10 PM.
    Alternate Greybriar names. Kyriann, Ellowyn, Ellowen, Xanadu, Myschief, Dynamite, Feradar.

Please refer to every other thread regarding recent DDoS attacks which are also causing client crashes and freezes in addition to abnormal and frustrating latency which has gone from DC every 5 min to get stalled for 5min every 20min either of which is very decimating to game playability when it causes wipes in raids, dungeons, zone events and the like.

I am guessing that this problem will not be addressed... *gives up on the game* /sad
    Alternate Greybriar names. Kyriann, Ellowyn, Ellowen, Xanadu, Myschief, Dynamite, Feradar.

Soulwalker

Can only say DDOS attack so long before I start asking why Rift hasn't changed its ISP.

has nothing to do with ISP, hackers flood main lines with data transfers it simply affects anyone along the affected lines, and the new one is attacking the lines of gaming server regions specifically

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    has nothing to do with ISP
    Are you completely sure that I'm innocent?

/s
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread