+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Patching tips and tweaks for slow speeds?

Default Patching tips and tweaks for slow speeds?

Long story short--- my internet has been hitting a usage limit that gets me throttled to 70kbps download speeds for a week or so. (Parenting teenagers is hard mode, seriously)
    I can work out my "filthy casual" gametime on that speed well enough, but patch days are a no go. On any given patch, I may or may not get through it before my slow speed causes my Glyph to stop, hit a 3300 error, and I have to start it over. I managed to get through all of the prepatches, but I cannot. For the life of me. Get through the streaming errors.

-I've tried hard shutting down any other apps that might be a conflict of data stream.
    -I've tried crying to my ISP about one more usage allowance, or a higher package
    -This /is/ my phone data tether so I can't use that as a backup since it's the problem.

Are there any setting in Glyph or on my PC I can tweak to tell it to "Suck it up buttercup, keep connecting and finish the patch and I don't care how much it hurts."
    Last edited by Dusky Beauty; 11-01-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Just checking back on this in case anyone else has a similar issue-- I found that if I routed through a VPN (I used a free trial service for this) it maintained a slow and steady speed somewhere in between and got rid of the wild spikes in ISP throttled speeds that was disconnecting my patches so badly.

+ Reply to Thread