+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Download Halted

Soulwalker

Default Download Halted

Just coming back to Rift after many moons and I'm unable to progress past choosing my character.

The game has a big red icon at the top of the screen stating "Download Halted".

I had managed to log in earlier using that char but now just keep getting the message " the game is unable to download more data".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Soulwalker

Adding to this:

I deleted all the asset files and started the download again.
    When the download reaches the 'Playable" stage I can log into the world with my character, no problem.

I stayed logged in, doing things on my char, while the download was happening.
    The download finished (the icon disappeared on screen) and I was able to keep playing.

I logged out, and the icon with the red exclamation was not there and i could choose anther char and log in.

I then exited and noticed that the Glyph launcher was saying that it was still extracting files.
    Logged in again and it was still all good.

Exited again, and waited for the launcher to finish extracting files and, when it was done, logged in again.

The red exclamation mark with the "Download Halted" message was back and I could no longer log in with any chars.

Extremely frustrating!

Soulwalker

Okay it turns out the issue is with Webroot.

I had tried shutting down Webroot and running the program to no avail.
    I then decided to completely uninstall Webroot and the problem went away.

Very strange, I would have thought that just shutting down Webroot would have done the trick...

Any one out there using Webroot without issues?

Soulwalker

For me ill get this error too....its very angry...

Must all time close the game....repair...then i can play.....when i will start it another time...the same problem...cant log in because download haltet...
    But there isnt any downloads not done...i have a big red Play Button....

Soulwalker

Default Same problem

Just reinstalled win7 and dl rift on fresh disk. It looks random to me. Some time i can login other times not. At first i thought win defender blocks sync. Disabling AVG and win firewall gives no fruit.

Soulwalker

I'm having the same issue the last 2 days...Reinstalled and played for a bit. Came back with same issue of download halted. Never had this issue before.

+ Reply to Thread