+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cannot update

Soulwalker

Default Cannot update

Sorry if this is in the wrong area or been discussed. New to the game, so still learning the forum areas. Anyway, on to my problem.

When I attempted to update this morning (6:06 AM EST, I get the message "There was a problem moving existing files in preparation for the update (Error #1008)" Do I have a setting wrong? Click wrong? Was hoping to get a bit of playing in before I go out for supplies (in Florida) but it does not look like this is going to happen.

Any assistance with this is appreciated.
    Last edited by Cdat87; 09-07-2017 at 04:32 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm having this same problem exactly. I updated ok on Wednesday, but I logged in today and a Glyph update was forced on me. Once that was finished I had an UPDATE to Rift to install, but I got the Error #1008). I've ensured there are no other Glyph processes running and did a fresh reboot to no avail. Thanks for any guidance on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdat87 View Post
    Sorry if this is in the wrong area or been discussed. New to the game, so still learning the forum areas. Anyway, on to my problem.

When I attempted to update this morning (6:06 AM EST, I get the message "There was a problem moving existing files in preparation for the update (Error #1008)" Do I have a setting wrong? Click wrong? Was hoping to get a bit of playing in before I go out for supplies (in Florida) but it does not look like this is going to happen.

Any assistance with this is appreciated.
    Support Trion and their excellent games!

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Hello! Please try these steps, and submit a support ticket at support.trionworlds.com if the issue persists.

https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/e...roubleshooting

+ Reply to Thread