+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are people..

Rift Disciple

Default Why are people..

Posting there Beta invite issues in here? This is a technical forum, they need to contact the support dept. via the support site. This forum is only for technical problems regarding hardware/software issues not account invite issues. The General forum is a better place if you have to make a post.
    Last edited by Armithus; 02-03-2011 at 05:25 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer Sinfullysweet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armithus View Post
    Posting there Beta invite issues in here? This is a technical forum, they need to contact the support dept. via the support site. This forum is only for technical problems regarding hardware/software issues not account invite issues. The General forum is a better place if you have to make a post.
    Some of it is patching issues (error 2005) so a technical end with the client/server it seems. 2002 is a normal code meaning can't log into beta.

Sinfullysweet of Grievance on Wolfsbane
    PLAY ~*~Twitter ~*~ Raptr ~*~ Sinfullysweet's Steam ~*~ Sin's Xbox Profile
    WorldofWardrobes.net is no longer available due to hosting issues *RIP*.

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfullysweet View Post
    Some of it is patching issues (error 2005) so a technical end with the client/server it seems. 2002 is a normal code meaning can't log into beta.
    ya 2002 is the code for "not authorized" and usually means you havent received your invite yet. however, if you have got and invite AND have accepted the eula then it could be an account flag issue on their side.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Because they lack intelligence and patience...
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Rhendali View Post
    Because they lack intelligence and patience...
    No, some really are having issues with the patcher. It starts downloading, stops at 1gb, then has to be restarted. People are getting flamed left and right on General because of this issue and people not reading. There really is no need for it, especially when someone is having a legit problem.

My point still stands. If they are having legitimate issues they should contact customer support not flood the forums with a billion threads about the same subject.
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

My point still stands. If they are having legitimate issues they should contact customer support not flood the forums with a billion threads about the same subject.
    Agreed, if there was one thread per error code, it might give insight rather than bombarding.

RIFT Community Ambassador

nor should there be a generic thread like this one purposely targeting those people.
    this thread in an of itself i neither technical related or asking tech help. it should be in off topic or general also.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalLucidity; 02-03-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    nor should there be a generic thread like this one purposely targeting those people.
    Hey, I didn't create the thread, I just couldn't help but throw in my 2c. Much like yourself.

because flooding the forums with threads about people who make threads on the same subject is much more productive.
    When you're an adult, or at least over 21 in the states, you can walk into a store and as long as you have about $10, pick up what I like to call "video game fun enhancement serum" also known as "tomorrow I'm going to throw up in bed but holy **** I finally beat that boss last night. I think. **** I don't remember" occasionally also known as "I think I deleted my Oblivion save game." -Homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by katebot View Post
    because flooding the forums with threads about people who make threads on the same subject is much more productive.
    See previous statement...
    Sheesh

+ Reply to Thread