+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By need4speed8190

Thread: Max Settings Minimum System Requirements

Soulwalker

Post Max Settings Minimum System Requirements

Anybody have an idea what minimal system specs would be required to run this game on full max settings? i kinda got my 5yr old grand daughter addicted and wanted to make a RIFT COMP just for her that i can sit her down next to my desk and play the game with her. Any suggestions on budget hardware that wont burn out with excessive use or leaving the game running and forgetting about it (potentially in a graphically intensive area), would be super appreciated. i had a scavenge around the forums and seen http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...g-pc-rift.html from 2012, dont know if some of the information the guys here were talking about is still relevant considering 64bit patches and multi-core updates etc... so... have at it! thanks for all your suggestions in advance.

Soulwalker

nothing then? thanks.

Shadowlander

you would most def want to go with a desktop, get a nice intel i7 cpu, nvidia high end vcard, at least 16gig ram, and for fast load times go with a solid state hard drive. but then again it can get quite pricey. so just shop around, its always cheaper to build your own machine.

I won't list prices because they always change, but a solid foundation would be the following..

AMD Ryzen 1400
    8GB ddr4 ram
    gtx 1050 (non ti)
    cheaper B350 AM4 motherboard
    for the power supply, I'm a huge fan of EVGA. so something like a 600 watt 80+ bronze unit should be more than adequate.

you don't need an i7 or high end gfx card to play this game at all. please don't let anyone tell yo otherwise.
    twitch.tv/themaverick_gamer - mixer.com/themaverick_gamer - youtube.com/themaverickgamer

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by need4speed8190 View Post
    please don't let anyone tell yo otherwise.
    How do you do that? Shoot them before they open their mouth? ;)
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    How do you do that? Shoot them before they open their mouth? ;)
    by doing your own research
    twitch.tv/themaverick_gamer - mixer.com/themaverick_gamer - youtube.com/themaverickgamer

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by need4speed8190 View Post
    by doing your own research
    Doing your research would not stop others to tell you something
    My first comment was trolling, no need to feed me.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

thanks for the input, been thinking about making an amd build... been really hesitant about it because of the cooling requirements against stock intel gear... living in a location that tends to get excessively hot i worry about it. definitely gonna start off with aftermarket cooling systems though. will increase costs, but also increase the lifespan of the system in the conditions.

Soulwalker

Here is what worked for me to run max settings, until a Win10 patch shut Rift down:

i7-3770S
    16GB of memory
    GTX 950

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...cs-card-2.html

Telaran

i7 is overkill you only need i5 for gaming
    Last edited by Magdaer; 10-03-2017 at 06:16 AM.
    Bro do you even Rift?

+ Reply to Thread