+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 1 Post By Fafhred

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Massive bug about 10 minutes ago

  1. #1
    Telaran Fafhred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    76

    Exclamation Massive bug about 10 minutes ago

    On Typhiria and other shards, also reported in chat to have also hit the US server.

    A quest end popped up to most players, it turned out to be for a high level quest, totally out of zone for most players who got it.
    Players got instant level ups by many levels, the character I was on jumped from 34 to 50, a newbie on his first char reported having jumped from 8 to 41.

    It is an actual level up, NOT a side-kicking, that was the first thing I checked.

    Most players hit by this are annoyed, either did not want the level-up, or have no clue how they will replace their equipment.

    I expect that there will be a rollback, this breaks too many things for the players who did not want this.

    Waiting for an answer from Trion to this post, a support ticket would take too long before it is even read.

    Update: I made a support ticket regardless, to be able to pass on screenshots providing detail; ticket number 949784 (so that Trion could look at it right away).
    Last edited by Fafhred; 07-22-2017 at 10:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Shazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fafhred View Post
    On Typhiria and other shards, also reported in chat to have also hit the US server.

    A quest end popped up to most players, it turned out to be for a high level quest, totally out of zone for most players who got it.
    Players got instant level ups by many levels, the character I was on jumped from 34 to 50, a newbie on his first char reported having jumped from 8 to 41.

    It is an actual level up, NOT a side-kicking, that was the first thing I checked.

    Most players hit by this are annoyed, either did not want the level-up, or have no clue how they will replace their equipment.

    I expect that there will be a rollback, this breaks too many things for the players who did not want this.

    Waiting for an answer from Trion to this post, a support ticket would take too long before it is even read.
    Happened to me also, went from 16 to 46.
    MUNCHY

  3. #3
    Soulwalker Leexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    12

    Default

    apparently only players that was online at that moment was affected. i cant tell how many ppl it was. :P I also submitted ticket (#949785) in case it would be resolved from one pleyer to another. EU typhiria here lvl 35 to 47.

    btw. as anyone that could have a problem whith jump up it is more incovenience then acctual issue coz by keep on questing you will gear up and progress as usual i guess. but i agree dungeons, sagas and linearity as whole is broken. i noticed that my minion brought me high lvl cloth. well i am looking forward to see any respond about it from devs.

  4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fafhred View Post
    I expect that there will be a rollback
    There are no plans for a roll back.

    We are still investigating why the quest was pushed onto and auto-completed for everyone that was logged in at the time as opposed to only for those that already had the quest, but we have no plans to either roll back or to otherwise take away the experience gain.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

    "Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Shazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Thank you Tacitus I'm just going to carry on doing the quests zone by zone till I have the appropriate armour
    MUNCHY

  6. #6
    Soulwalker Leexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    12

    Default

    TY kind sir for informative update on issue.

    Well I play for story mostly. I am used to from old wow times when I did lots of zones in grey so I am looking forward to test the downscale option. I swore hundrets of times to lvl on curve. Nope again.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple fantasyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzy View Post
    Thank you Tacitus I'm just going to carry on doing the quests zone by zone till I have the appropriate armour
    you can craft or buy equipment too.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Shazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fantasyy View Post
    you can craft or buy equipment too.
    alrighty thank you
    MUNCHY

  9. #9
    Ascendant Onebutton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    There are no plans for a roll back.

    We are still investigating why the quest was pushed onto and auto-completed for everyone that was logged in at the time as opposed to only for those that already had the quest, but we have no plans to either roll back or to otherwise take away the experience gain.
    I was about to post about that quest where the soldiers no longer spawned.. Thanks for actually auto-completing it for those who needed that quest done, even though it affected other's and gave them a nice exp gain lol. Still good stuff.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple fantasyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzy View Post
    alrighty thank you
    if you wish, i can craft a few items for you. let me know if you're on NA or EU.

    its on me

    (if anyone else wants to get some gear/items crafted, PM me with name + shard and level.)
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Poshy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fantasyy View Post
    if you wish, i can craft a few items for you. let me know if you're on NA or EU.

    its on me

    (if anyone else wants to get some gear/items crafted, PM me with name + shard and level.)
    My rogue alt went from 69-70 ill take the helm and bow. 😁 Just kidding.

    This is a super cool thing to offer to others

  12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Hello all,

    There will be no general rollback, as Tacitus has said.

    However, CS will undertake individual rollbacks for players who submit a support ticket!
    https://support.trionworlds.com

    For the rest, happy free levels!
    Brasse

  13. #13
    Telaran Fafhred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hello all,

    There will be no general rollback, as Tacitus has said.

    However, CS will undertake individual rollbacks for players who submit a support ticket!
    https://support.trionworlds.com

    For the rest, happy free levels!
    Brasse
    I already had submitted a ticket, and my character was rolled back when I logged in this morning; thanks for the fast reaction on this.

    Update:
    I happened to have bought various game features earlier yesterday, at least one of those features is now bugged on that character (does not work any more).
    I suspect that my character was rolled back to a much earlier time in the day, before I had bought those features.
    If any one is in a similar case, mention it on your support ticket.
    Example: I bought the shard Vault, this character is now excluded from it.

    Also, some of my guild perks are now missing for this character; they show on the guild page, but are no longer available to this character (not listed through P, and removed from toolbars).

    It looks like the character has been partially dissociated from the account, during the roll-back.

    Another derived issue: I now frequently get an error message when I claim from any minion returning; I then have to log out, then back on any character, before I can get the reward. Never happened before, and seriously hindering my activities.

    There may be other issues I have not seen yet, I will update this post if I find something else (after updating my own support ticket)
    Last edited by Fafhred; 07-23-2017 at 02:51 AM. Reason: additional information

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple fantasyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    My rogue alt went from 69-70 ill take the helm and bow. �� Just kidding.

    This is a super cool thing to offer to others
    nobody took up the offer i was gonna give them the cool crafted blues with good enchants (that require the special cores that i've carefully hoarded up over the years).

    they also have nice skins!

    EDIT :

    Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    My rogue alt went from 69-70 ill take the helm and bow. �� Just kidding.
    wish this happened to my primalist main LOL. im gonna give levelling another go next week. i guess i got burnt out.
    Last edited by fantasyy; 07-23-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts