+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Your IP Address Has Changed Since You Last Authenticated.

Soulwalker

Default Your IP Address Has Changed Since You Last Authenticated.

Hello.

I am trying to play Rift for the first time in a while, and when I launch the game, I am getting an error: Your IP Address Has Changed Since You Last Authenticated. Please Exit the Game and Re-Enter Your Username and Password.

I'm not sure what this means, and it won't let me past this point. I've read the post: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...enticated.html

In the thread, a few people said that Trion support needs to do something with your account to allow you to play? I'm not sure.

I'm using an AT&T Homebase hotspot (Ethernet connection, not wireless) and I've never seen this type of error before with any game I've ever played. Not sure how to proceed, please help!

I would suggest logging into your rift account via the site and maybe change the password and follow the steps and then try again with your main rift account and see if that helps. Normally if your IP Changes games will ask for a code they will email you with to enter in.
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

Soulwalker

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I've just done as you suggested. I logged into the support website, changed my password and completely restarted the Glyph client, and re-entered my password.

It is still providing the error message whenever I launch the game.

Soulwalker

Kind of stinks that this game is unplayable due to a weird bug like this

Quote Originally Posted by nezzle View Post
    Kind of stinks that this game is unplayable due to a weird bug like this
    That is quite a strange one. At this point I recommend putting a ticket in:
    https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/e..._form_id=39137

Try to give as much info as possible including full password reset.

Sorry about that mate.
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

> AT&T Homebase hotspot (Ethernet connection, not wireless)

Your internal connection doesn't matter; the connection once outside of your home (and/or outside of AT&T's network) does. This AT&T product appears to be a cellular connection, not a "regular" ISP. I am not surprised you are getting this error.

Log out of Glyph. Hit https://ifconfig.co/ and make a note of your IP address (don't tell us). Log in to Glyph. Play RIFT. Next time you get the error message, hit https://ifconfig.co/ again and compare the IP. Has it changed?

If your external IP has actually changed - well - the error message is right. Depending on how often it makes you log back in, you can ask support if they will remove this restriction (I don't know if they will).

If your external IP isn't actually changing, some more in depth troubleshooting would be needed; contact support.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 05-19-2017 at 04:56 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Your External IP has changed since you last authenticated......

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post

Your internal connection doesn't matter; the connection once outside of your home (and/or outside of AT&T's network) does. This AT&T product appears to be a cellular connection, not a "regular" ISP. I am not surprised you are getting this error.

Log out of Glyph. Hit https://ifconfig.co/ and make a note of your IP address (don't tell us). Log in to Glyph. Play RIFT. Next time you get the error message, hit https://ifconfig.co/ again and compare the IP. Has it changed?

If your external IP has actually changed - well - the error message is right. Depending on how often it makes you log back in, you can ask support if they will remove this restriction (I don't know if they will).

If your external IP isn't actually changing, some more in depth troubleshooting would be needed; contact support.
    I have played RIFT before, years ago. I wanted to play again but am now getting this error.
    The difference now is my Internet connection. As the poster above points out It is probably due to me connecting to the Internet via a cellular Broadband modem (Netgear LB1120) because I live in a rural area and my only alternative is CenturyLink DSL at less than a 1 Mbps ( we are talking dial up modem speeds).
    I read TRION FAQs and followed directions when the message first appeared. No resolution.
    So, I started a trouble ticket with what I thought were pretty clear details. After 5 days I did get a reply to my email that contained a link that took me back to the same troubleshooting page where I initiated my first customer service contact.
    I replied to that one asking for additional help or that they just tell me there was no solution so I could move on to another game (I already play Neverwinter and LOTRO with none of these issues ever). It has been 4 days now and silence is the operative word.
    Looks like there isn't much hope for my situation. I tried a VPN but that didn't seem to work either.
    Pretty much shear frustration has caused me to post here and I don't expect many posts in reply but I had to vent. Not so much about the game (I remember it fondly) but the seeming lack of CS on TRION's end.
    Ciao

have any of you attempted to set up the mobile authenticator to see if it would kick an authentication request to your phone when this happens?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Razorfyst View Post
    have any of you attempted to set up the mobile authenticator to see if it would kick an authentication request to your phone when this happens?
    I use the Glyph Authenticator and have from the start. It seems to be a synched number generator.

Quote Originally Posted by vultic View Post
    I use the Glyph Authenticator and have from the start. It seems to be a synched number generator.
    so the authenticator is sending you a code or glyph isnt asking for one?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Razorfyst View Post
    so the authenticator is sending you a code or glyph isnt asking for one?
    1. I input my Username and Password
    2. I am asked for the Authentication Code
    3. The Glyph Authenticator (iphone) provides a code
    4. I enter it
    5. I am allowed in
    6. I get a page that displays the PLAY button
    7. I click that button
    8. The game begins to load
    9. After a few seconds the message appears "your external IP has changed..."
    10. The status indicator on top left of screen advances to 92% and stops.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post

Seems like a valid approach except for the fact that we cannot perform your experiment because we cannot PLAY RIFT. That is the point of the posts here.
    I am also pretty sure that the reason for the "..external IP..." message from Glyph is due to the way cellular connections to the Internet manage addresses. However, as I mentioned, I play a few other games over the same connection and there is no issue with connectivity.
    Now, I understand that the check made by Glyph's login procedure is made to enhance security. That's great , but as others here have alluded to the two factor Authentication provided by the Glyph app should be sufficient proof (not definitive of course) that I am the player.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by vultic View Post
    1. I input my Username and Password
    2. I am asked for the Authentication Code
    3. The Glyph Authenticator (iphone) provides a code
    4. I enter it
    5. I am allowed in
    6. I get a page that displays the PLAY button
    7. I click that button
    8. The game begins to load
    9. After a few seconds the message appears "your external IP has changed..."
    10. The status indicator on top left of screen advances to 92% and stops.
    there is something very wrong if your IP is changing from authentication to loading, you might find out if there is a firewall in your isp that cycles when it is pinged

Shadowlander

Default Your Solution

Hallo,

i have the same issue. I'm from Germany. And i have an DSL-Connection to my ISP. So every 24 h i have a disconnect and with reconnect an new different IP-Address.

So i have to login with "Different Account" (in the drop down menu on the upper right site of your glyph client) and use the normal username and password. That's all.

If yout tried to solve this problem with changing user credentials make sure you use the right one.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Ascac; 03-10-2019 at 05:14 AM.

That does not work for me. The issue is, when I travel, I am using my cell as a hotspot. It doesn't appear to like the mobile network ip. I have opened tickets on this, no response.
    Kromulok
    (alias Fumata)

Ethereal Shadows

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast