+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Your IP Address Has Changed Since You Last Authenticated.

it may be possible the only solution to this is to either advertise that this game is not mobile IP friendly or find an identifier within the pc itself to check instead, not sure if Gamigo values its mobile IP connected clients enough to care though

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Razorfyst View Post
    there is something very wrong if your IP is changing from authentication to loading, you might find out if there is a firewall in your isp that cycles when it is pinged
    Generally that is true however not so when using a cellular broadband modem as I do.
    As it happens Trion support did finally respond to my repeated requests for help with the following email:

"We apologize for the inconvenience you have had with connecting to the game. The error you are receiving is generally caused by one of two issues: your ISP routing secure and insecure traffic through two separate IPs, or your IP address shifting so rapidly that it changes in the time between when you connect to the game servers. We can circumvent this for you, but doing so will make your account less secure by bypassing a security check. If you would like us to do this for you, please update this ticket confirming you want this done.

We take account security very seriously at Trion Worlds, so if you have any additional questions or concerns before proceeding, please don't hesitate to let us know."

I followed up by requesting they apply the fix and they did. I can now play RIFT.
    It seems that part of the "fix" was to remove the two factor authentication from my account. I don't really like that too much but it does allow me to play.

Gary

Such are the hazards presented by ISPs that use different setups, its good they are actually willing to bypass the IP authentication it just means they cannot be liable for any malicious activity on your account now and devoids them of responsibility in reimbursing anything as a result, just realize you may want to use a prepaid walmart visa to maintain your account to prevent anyone billing your bank account, or setup paypal as many others have said helps

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Razorfyst View Post
    Such are the hazards presented by ISPs that use different setups, its good they are actually willing to bypass the IP authentication it just means they cannot be liable for any malicious activity on your account now and devoids them of responsibility in reimbursing anything as a result, just realize you may want to use a prepaid walmart visa to maintain your account to prevent anyone billing your bank account, or setup paypal as many others have said helps
    I'm just FTP anyway so not a financial risk for me.
    As I mentioned earlier my "ISP" is ATT. I live in rural western North Carolina, USA. The only other option in our community is DSL (that's right not even ADSL and certainly not VDSL) which where I live (far away from the DSLAM or switch if you like) 768Kbps is the fastest speed I could get. So, since my cellular signal is very good (about -80dbm) and I have an unlimited and uncapped data plan with ATT, I purchased a Netgear LB1120 and added another line for $20/month on my plan for a phone I already owned, put the SIM card in the LB1120 switched it to "bridge" mode and connected it to my home router. Now I can get a steady 40Mbps and gaming is no problem (except for RIFT until today).
    Trion does their own security, I understand that, however I play several other games with two factor authentication mechanisms that don't have this issue on the same network.
    I think the risk is very low for me so I will accept it for now.
    Thanks for all the commentary,
    Gary
    Last edited by vultic; 03-11-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by fumata View Post
    That does not work for me. The issue is, when I travel, I am using my cell as a hotspot. It doesn't appear to like the mobile network ip. I have opened tickets on this, no response.
    Don't know if this will help but the CS or Tech Support rep that helped me was Garri and the email I received came from the following address, support@trionworlds.zendesk.com
    My trouble ticket number was: 1197361
    So maybe you can reference that data and they can address how to assist you.
    Cheers,
    Gary

I didnt notice this mentioned, as I had this issue this morning. I opened glyph window, went to upper right and logged out. Once i logged back in to glyph, i then opened Rift and all was well again. Just FYI if not mentioned earlier.

p.s. servers seem down right now, that's a diff issue.

T

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2