+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Character not animating

Soulwalker

Default Character not animating

When I log in, my character is stuck in a weird statue'ish pose with his arms outstretched and standing straight up. When I move around, my character just slides around in that position without actually walking (though I do move around in the world).

If I mount or draw my weapon, suddenly my character snaps into the proper pose and animates properly, run animations and all. After a few minutes, or when I sheathe the weapon, my character goes back into that weird statue pose with arms outstretched and zero animations when I move around.

How can I fix this?
    Last edited by Sinzar; 05-10-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Soulwalker

Here's an example of the weird pose I'm stuck in most of the time with no animations:

https://s27.postimg.org/9we80g2oz/example.jpg

Really frustrating.

Rift Chaser

Perform a verify on the RIFT installation by right clicking RIFT in the menu and choosing "repair":

https://imgur.com/aAD3Gug

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeles View Post
    Perform a verify on the RIFT installation by right clicking RIFT in the menu and choosing "repair":

https://imgur.com/aAD3Gug
    Yeah, tried that, no good.

Any other suggestions?

Soulwalker

I've tried the repair feature, updating my video drivers, removing all addons, both 32bit and 64bit clients, dropping graphic settings to minimum, raising them to maximum, etc. Nothing seems to fix it, and I'm out of ideas.

Rift Disciple

I have seen this happen to me and a guildie in the Temple of Ananke run. It's a recent phenomenon. A simple logout a s logon fixed it. It happened to me after the first boss died. Everything worked still and co.pletedd the dungeon.

Soulwalker

Same issue here. My character is stuck and not animating at all plus i have some weird graphics mess up here and there. My graphics are up to date and i don't know if this is a problem of the latest AMD graphics driver 17.5.1 ( i have the RX 470).
    I also try the login/logout and the repair tool option and still nothing is fixed.
    To be honest i have a long time to login and play the game, so i don't know if with the older AMD graphics driver works properly or i just a bug with the latest Hotfix of the game.
    Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated to find a solution to this issue.

For anyone permanently stuck, if a client repair doesn't fix it, best bet is to submit a support ticket and engage with them.

Soulwalker

Same problem for me...

Shadowlander

this seems to be an elf only thing from what i have seen. all my other characters are fine, except my elf. the only times he animates as he should is when in combat or mounted
    Faeblight Dims: The Santuary - Leelou, Rayne Manor (unfinished) - Lockejaw, The Graveyard - Leelou

Soulwalker

i play an elf too so it can be the problem !

Soulwalker

Having the same problem. Play a Kelari mage. Seems to occur when weapon is drawn. When I sheath my weapon the problem goes away.

Soulwalker

I send a request a few minutes ago. We have to be patient now.

Soulwalker

I sent a support ticket in a few days ago. We went back and forth a few times, with me trying their various suggestions. Nothing fixed it, and the final advice was for me to just lower my graphic settings (which does nothing).

Sounds like they think it's a problem on our end, instead of something broken with the game itself. I guess the only way to show it's broken on their end is for more people to send in support tickets letting them know it's not an isolated issue.

Soulwalker

This is crazy... There is a forum where we can say our problems, they have eyes, and surely a brain too... How is this even possible ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast