+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Windows 10 CREATOR UPDATE - any issues? Please post them in detail here!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Exclamation Windows 10 CREATOR UPDATE - any issues? Please post them in detail here!

Hey folks!

Windows 10 has been working very well with RIFT and all of our other games.
    However, the recent Win 10 Creator's Update has resulted in a few players reporting issues with logging in to Glyph, our launcher for RIFT and all Trion games.

If you now have Win 10 Creator's Update and experience ANY issues, please post them here, with as much detail as you can.
    • When did you experience the issue? (Date and time)
    • What happened, exactly? (the more info the better!)
    • Did you get an error message? (what was it)
    • How often did this happen? (Once, occasionally, several times, every time)

We have our technical gurus working hard on the issue, and the more info we receive, the faster we can stomp it out! This is especially true because not everyone experiences the issue - makes it harder to trace.

Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 04-26-2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: fixed list item display

Shadowlander

Ok. This is how it goes for me. I click on my launcher icon. Nothing happens. I click again and nothing. No error message or anything. So, I open task manager, click again to see what happens. I see Glyph launcher and Glyph error handler 32bit running. The launcher drops from the list quickly. The error handler goes on for about 20 seconds and disappears. That's it. ON the forums somebody told me to make sure in my %localappdata% to make sure Platform=Win64 was at the end of the Glyph section. It wasn't. So, I put it in and got the same result. Nothing. No error report, no Glyph. Just nothing. That's everything to the minute detail I got and can give at this point.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

WORKAROUND - please try this testing version of Glyph and report back if you have success or not!

1. Press start key and search: %LOCALAPPDATA%
    2. Open the Glyph Folder
    3. Open the GlyphClient cfg file in Notepad
    4. Change 'BetaOptIn=False' to 'BetaOptIn=True'
    5. Save the file
    6. Attempt to relaunch Glyph and the newest Glyph Beta build should download
    **7. Download the new installer from here: http://download.dyn.triongames.com/b...TFORM-1001.exe

We are very interested in knowing if this new version of Glyph fixes the issues, because if it does we can take the necessary steps to deploying it to live for everyone to use.

Shadowlander

I tried the fix you suggested and I have the same results. Is it off that glyph and glyph error handler are both operating on 32 bit versions on a 64 bit platform? Also, the link you gave does not go anywhere. lol. Says page not found.

Shadowlander

Btw, I failed to report that this all started last Thursday. 4-20-17 at aprx. 9:05pm central time. If that helps at all.

Shadowlander

With the login info not being added. I'll copy what's all in my %localappdata% and maybe you can see if anything is goofy.

[Glyph]
    Language=English
    LastGame=1
    RememberLogin=true
    Login=
    SytemProfileHash=oyYygf/wv2wzkUI5w/R3ow
    ShowWelcome=false
    CreateStartMenuShortcut=false
    CreateDesktopShortcut=true
    GamesPath=Games
    AfterLaunch=DoNothing
    ShowGlyphTag=true
    KeepLoggedIn=true
    RequestRegistration=false
    BetaOptIn=True
    StoreMultipleAccounts=false
    Platform=Win64

[Depots]
    1=RIFT-External-Live-US-Release
    111=Defiance-External-Live-US-PC-Release
    150=AtlasReactor-External-Live-Client
    160=Devilian-External-US-Client
    131=Trove-External-Live-Release
    120=ArcheAge-External-Live-US-Release

[Tooltips]
    RegionSelectionTip=true
    AuthHelpTip=true
    StreamingProgressTip=true
    StreamingPlayTip=true

[Window]
    X=304
    Y=212

[ViewedPatchNotes]
    RIFT="GsOxBvaqNqeSpoqkTucjWg,y2EIO0IX7Z2Ef8+8AQ9D0 g,WdxUYef1mq21IBKjGIA5OQ"
    Last edited by Griffey; 04-26-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Had issues today - was working just fine this morning after patch but for some reason some update snuck in and I couldn't play this evening before raid - Glyph was getting stuck at the "Verifying Rift" stage.

Attempted the Beta fix Brasse suggested, but it didn't work. Switched over to 32-bit and things worked after that.

Approx time of issues - 6:30 Server Time.
    Irlowe@Deepwood Iirlowe@Deepwood Urlowe@Deepwood Primalowe@Deepwood Rlowe@Deepwood
    <Halcyon>

Soulwalker

Default Can't play

Sorry not sure if it was Mon Apr 24th or Tues Apr 25th, but I was prompted to upgrade Windows 10 so I did. Since then when I launch Glyph then click play glyph immediately crashes. I tried running 64 bit from general tab, no change. Also tried the compatibility fix on support page no change.
    Last edited by Jaackk; 04-27-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Shadowlander

Rift hasn't worked for me since the windows 10 creator's update. I get a user account control pop up now that asks for permission for directx sdx to make changes before it tries to start and it gets to the splash screen but nothing is there other than the background and then it eventually crashes. Tried 32 bit as well. Tried reinstalling glyph from scratch. Also, everytime I relog into glyph I get an email about account login from a new location and a lock code even though I keep checking remember this location after entering the code.
    Khoomei Leroijenkins Meyagi Aegnus

Shadowlander

Tried this and glyph updated and it didn't change anything for me. Do I need to download that installer or is that the same beta glyph build in a complete package? The link didn't work for me, gives a page cannot be found error.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    WORKAROUND - please try this testing version of Glyph and report back if you have success or not!

2. Open the Glyph Folder
    5. Save the file
    **7. Download the new installer from here: http://download.dyn.triongames.com/b...TFORM-1001.exe

We are very interested in knowing if this new version of Glyph fixes the issues, because if it does we can take the necessary steps to deploying it to live for everyone to use.

Soulwalker

Default nope

tried this no different

2. Open the Glyph Folder
    5. Save the file

Last edited by Jaackk; 04-28-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Shadowlander

I finally figured out my problem. Since I had clean installed the creator's update I no longer had the direct x 9c files Rift needs downloaded and manually installed from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ang=en&id=8109 and everything is working again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaackk View Post
    tried this no different

2. Open the Glyph Folder
    5. Save the file

Rift Disciple

Exclamation Not really how you want to return to a game following extended hiatus...

In terms of symptoms my issue is as Griffey indicated (04-26-2017 10:07 PM)
    I've noted a few interesting quirks. Every time I uninstall Glyph there's a series of error messages:

GlyphClientApp.exe system error

The program can't start because Qt5WebEngine.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
    Qt5Widgets.dll
    LIBEAY32.dll
    xlpack.dll
    Qt5Xml.dll
    Qt5WebkitWidgets
    Qt5Core.dll
    Qt5WinExtras.dll
    Qt5Quick.dll
    Qt5Gui.dll
    Steam_api.dl
    It has consistently, every time, complained (I have now Uninstalled>Reboot>Reinstall>Run 10+ times already) of a various 4 of those files not being present. It seems curious to me that it is the GlyphClientApp that would protest - before it informs me that the uninstall was successful.

Observation: I'm certain some of those components are listed during the install process.

The link Brasse provided for the BETA Glyph Client that I would otherwise try doesn't seem to be valid.
    Last edited by Autumnflow; 04-29-2017 at 02:19 AM.

Soulwalker

Exclamation Audio Issue

Hello.

I am not 100% sure this issue is Windows 10 Creators updates related. But since a few weeks, I haven't been able to get any sound from Rift. The game works normally. I can launch it and play. The only thing is absolutely no sound will come out of my speakers. No music and no sound effects. Pure silence. Other softwares work properly with sound.

I have noticed my realtek driver has been updated in March 2017. That could be related but I don't really what to do with it.

Anyone knows what could help?
    Thank you guys
    Last edited by Cyberpen; 04-29-2017 at 03:30 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpen View Post
    Anyone knows what could help?
    Two things are mentioned on the forum, one being moving the Master Volume slider a bit and the other installing DirectX 9.0c.

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...dows-10-a.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...-no-sound.html
    Last edited by Sarimner; 04-29-2017 at 06:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast