+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Windows 10 CREATOR UPDATE - any issues? Please post them in detail here!

Soulwalker

i logged on to game past 3 days since windows 10 fall update log on to main account game disconnects instantly started 11/19/2017

i log into my account choose character zone in then disconnect like game kicks me out instantly
    been like this past 3 days

on same computer and glyph launcher i can play on another account no problems no issue
    so something is wrong with my account i need someone to please look into my account its been 3 days and gm isnt reading my ticket just getting automated response and issue isnt fix im at the point where im close to uninstalling this game and want a refund im sorry but im so frustrated and theres no communication with no one to solve my issue i dont know what else i can do
    Last edited by killumz; 11-21-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Plane Touched

Default Problems after Creator update

Got a message for the Creator update on Saturday afternoon, updated and haven't been able to get into the game since. The game played normally on Friday but this is what happens now.

I click Play in Glyph. The first splash screen Rift Prophecy of Ankhet and the 3 "ladies" appears and goes no farther.

However, if I tab out to the desktop and cursor over the Rift icon in the task bar, I see the next splash screen, the one with the damaged Ankhet statue. I click on the thumbnail and go back in but it still won't progress.

By repeating this many, many times - tab out, click in - I slowly inch my way through the screens but can never get past 95% on the final loading screen.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Rift (through Glyph) but the result is the same. The very last time I tried, I got a popup about encountering an error and sent an error report. That would have been roughly 8:30 pm server time on Saturday evening.

It's rather late right now so I'll take a look through the thread in the morning to see if anything similar has been discussed.

Soulwalker

Default Windows 10 Update

Saturday night 12/9/2017 Windows 10 did an update, I have not been able to log in since. Glyph launches fine but when I click play I get "Fatal Error direct3d initialization error". Have reinstalled Glyph and Rift and still same. Is there a work around? Anyone else have this same Problem?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by OldGunner View Post
    Saturday night 12/9/2017 Windows 10 did an update, I have not been able to log in since. Glyph launches fine but when I click play I get "Fatal Error direct3d initialization error". Have reinstalled Glyph and Rift and still same. Is there a work around? Anyone else have this same Problem?
    While not the same problem (I think), my problem got solved when it was pointed out my video drivers were out of date. I was quite sure my system was set to update drivers automatically but it's clear the setting was turned off at some point.

While I won't go so far as to say posting in this thread is a waste of time, opening a ticket at support.trionworlds.com greatly increases the chances of seeing something happen.

Soulwalker

Default Maybe an update issue?

So my issues started yesterday (5/16/18) at around 2pm. I tried launching Rift and it would start running, goes into fullscreen mode but it doesn't display anything but a black screen then after a few seconds, it minimizes and I'm unable to get it into fullscreen mode. So, I noticed I had a couple updates to windows and nvidia and tried that but nothing. I then tried changing the settings so that it would open into windowed mode borderless and that works, but the text and icons in game are so small, I can't read anything. I've also tried messing with the resolution but it just crops the game. I've just tried reinstalling the game and even downloading the game through Steam but nothing has worked.

I remember the game working just fine on Mother's Day (5/13/18) and because I have auto updating, I don't know if the issue happened after a glyph update or a rift update or a windows update. Please help!
    Last edited by ladykita; 05-17-2018 at 01:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5